Actor leaving

soap writers seem to have a difficult time writing for married couples. Which is not a problem for those who write for prime time. Wonder why that is??

That said, It is not only Days that has to try and work with a very limited budget. Other soaps have the same problem, though perhaps not as severe as Days does. The thing is, while we see names of actors coming to the show, in a lot of cases, those appearances are extremely limited. (As in recent Shane & Kim scenes). In some cases, actors want to try their wings elsewhere. Sometimes they are successful, sometimes not. And while the show may have a good story for an actor/character, when it is over,unfortunately, they have not already thought up a new one.

As to Deimos......Just as the show knew Joe Mascolo (Stefano) was no longer up to a busy filming schedule, so brought in Andre........same goes for John Aniston (Victor). He evidently has a lot of pain...don't know from what, perhaps arthritis, or something else (this was mentioned in an interview I read a while back) but he loves being on the show. I think Deimos was brought on to take some of that "bad guy" appearance pressure from Victor. I think Deimos does that well, although I really do NOT like him paired with Nicole. I don't like that Nicole was once married to Victor, and is now with his brother, but perhaps she is going to see the light, and realize what a liar he is, and how he manages to still dirty his hands at times, but keeps them hidden in those kindness gloves. ???

While I don't like the bad things he's done (like poisoning Maggie, being responsible for Bo's capture, allowing Xander to live, etc.) I like that they've written him to care for some of his family members now. And he's shown kindness to others who aren't part of the K-clan.

I didn't watch Guiding Light, so I wasn't overly familiar with his work (I remember him slightly from his time on Santa Barbara). But I really like the actor from what I've seen of him on here.

So long as the person leaving is not Patch or Kayla, I don't care who it is. Just pick one and send them packing. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

But I want Patch and Kayla to stay. Please, pretty please, with cherries on top.:)

We need a smiley that is praying.

John Aniston/Victor didn't look so well in his last on-screen appearance. It's maybe time for Victor to go. I love John Aniston/Victor, but I am getting that uncomfortable feeling. ShaSha

Back