Actor Returning

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I decided to start a new topic since some people aren't going into Beyond Salem 2 topic. I will fix if this incorrect.

According to this tweet, Peter Reckell (Bo) let it slip he's playing a ghost to save a family member before
he goes to Beyond Salem. Time 3:10 is where he talks about it.

Is he going to save baby Bo?

If this is what's happening, and it seems as it is, I would like to know how they managed to keep it under wraps all of this time (5-6 months).
It's shocking that nothing, not even a little hint, has gotten out before Peter Reckell's (Bo) little oopsie.

I also think letting Bo go was a disaster (Hope's relationships with both Aiden and Rafe were unsatisfying, to put it lightly).

That being said, I wonder if Peter Reckell saw the writing on the wall (pun intended) and left before they could trash his character anymore than they once had (Carly, Billie). I'm almost glad he isn't on Days anymore, because his character would've been totally ruined and then backburnered.

Don't you wonder, sometimes, why a show chooses the actor it does to replace an actor who is leaving? I realize temp replacements in a hurry, don't give them much choice....but if a character has been molded with certain traits, habits, etc. by someone who played long term, hard to believe those who supervise the auditions choose, at times, a complete opposite! Guess, at times, there may not be much of a choice.

Want to laugh? Originally, the directors wanted Ronald Reagan to play the lead in Casablanca! No, I cannot imagine it either. John Travolta turned down lead in Forest Gump, while Burt Reynolds did the same for Pretty Woman.

I wonder if those of us who are older were more accepting of new actors in a role because it could happen so randomly. I mean, we were used to "the role of X is now being played by" on a regular basis. Mid week it would happen if an actor was out sick. And if an actor left a big role they weren't sent off for months with a dumb story. Monday they just had a new person there and most of us just went with it. Of course the casting was usually done well.

Yes. And if the new person wasn't working out, they would try again, and maybe again, until they got it right.
Granted, with the lead time they have now, they wouldn't be really sure the person wasn't working out for 5 or 6 months.
In the old days, it was maybe a week or up to a month. Much easier that way to fix a mistake.

I think it also helps if you like the story that the new actor gets popped into. You're already invested in giving the person a chance. Now we have stories most don't care about. Honestly so many people could leave and I wouldn't care. And I don't care about bringing back old characters at this point either. Stephanie doesn't do much for me when we need new characters that are unrelated to everyone else. Since so many story lines are trying to force people into couples we now have reruns of couples from the past.

Yes. And if the new person wasn't working out, they would try again, and maybe again, until they got it right.
Granted, with the lead time they have now, they wouldn't be really sure the person wasn't working out for 5 or 6 months.
In the old days, it was maybe a week or up to a month. Much easier that way to fix a mistake.
Wasn't there an actress who was hired to play Belle after Kristen Storms left that did not work out so Martha Madison (current Belle) replaced her quite quickly like only after a few weeks? I wasn't watching at this time but I heard about it after the fact.

Peter has exited Days and returned a few times already, he travels a great deal, and has moved his family , living in various places, (like in New Zealand for a time, and I believe currently lives in Alaska. His daughter, Loden is now a teen-ager, (14) so maybe he is staying put for a while????

Back