Actress hired

I remember her from the original Melrose place. She lived with the blonde, Sandy, and was a dancer. Kristen Alfonso, Hope, Patrick Muldoon, original Austin, and Lisa Rinne, original Billie, all also played in Melrose place.

Last edited:
When I saw the name Vanessa Williams, before seeing the picture, I thought it was the former Miss America Vanessa Williams.

Here is the IMDB page for this Vanessa Williams. I'm not familiar with any of her other work.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004539/?ref_=fn_al_nm_2

I had JUST posted a video of the Miss America Vanessa Williams on my FB page (as a video mislead clue)! Had been waiting months to do so, and when I finally decide to do it, the "Days" Vanessa decides to post the news herself!!

I remember her from the original Melrose place. She lived with the blonde, Sandy, and was a dancer. Kristen Alfonso, Hope, Patrick Muldoon, original Austin, and Lisa Rinne, original Billie, all also played in Melrose place.

I remember this as well. Everyone was just as confused about the 2 Vanessa Williams' back then as they are now lol. At least we know she has solid experience.

Someone has to use a different name, they can't both be billed as Vanessa Williams. Unless they got rid of that long-standing rule at SAG. The guy that played Alan Harris (the man Sami shot), was born Paul Neumann. That was a different spelling even, but he still changed his name to Paul Kersey so as not to be a sound-alike to Paul Newman.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to Jason47, she's playing Valerie Grant.

It looks like they made her change her post.

On twitter, it starts off saying this: "This month #VanessaWilliams joins the cast of daysofourlives101 @nbc re-introducing the role of..." but when you click on Instagram, those words no longer appear there.

Someone has to use a different name, they can't both be billed as Vanessa Williams. Unless they got rid of that long-standing rule at SAG. The guy that played Alan Harris (the man Sami shot), was born Paul Neumann. That was a different spelling even, but he still changed his name to Paul Kersey so as not to be a sound-alike to Paul Newman.
Same as Michael Keaton, whose real name is Michael Douglas. Since there was a Michael Douglas and Mike Douglas, he had to change his last name for acting purposes.

Yep, I too, first thought the other Vanessa Williams.:OT: I like that song she did, Save The Best for Last

David Bowie's real name is David Jones, same as, the Monkees, David "Davy" Jones.

I think the singer started using Vanessa L. Williams when she started acting? Maybe that is why.
Melrose Place's Vanessa Williams (soon to be our own Valerie Grant) was first registered with the Screen Actors Guild, so when the other Vanessa started acting, she had to use her middle initial.

I loved her on Melrose Place although she didn't last long. I look forward to her portraying Valerie Grant and interacting with Julie. (Hopefully this will get Julie off JJ and Gabi's case.)

Melissa Sue Anderson who played Mary Ingalls on Little House On The Prairie only added the Sue because there was another registered actress using Melissa Anderson at the time. When that other actress stopped acting, she started going by Melissa Anderson. If you look at most of her adult movies and such, it's all billed as Melissa Anderson including her book.

As for Valerie Grant, could she be the cardiologist that Kayla keeps referring to?

Back