Actress leaving after 13 years on show

Personally, I won’t miss her at all. I miss when Days cared about the Bradys, the Hortons and the core families. It’s now the DiMeras, Hernandezes and the revolving characters around the Carvers. Focus on the families that founded the show, not the ones that come and go without much significance.

Agreed; Days started in 1965 with the Hortons being the core family. The Bradys didn't start appearing until Roman first showed up in 1981, brought in to protect Marlena from the Salem Strangler. Then the rest of the Bradys trickled in: Kayla, Anna and Carrie in 1982; Shawn, Caroline and Bo in 1983; Kimberly, Sami and Eric in 1984; and Frankie and Max in 1986.

New families mean new blood. If you only have the same families, you will run out of love matches over 60 years. Everyone can’t be a Horton or even a Brady as people start intermarrying. Establishing new families means the new characters have context, and it enriches the show. You need a new bloodline every decade or so. The Hernandez clan arrived about 15 years ago. It stinks that it will be down to just Rafe again.

I’ll miss Gabi. Camila Banus a tremendous actress who does a lot with terrible material. I think about what an actress like her could do with some of the backstory and scenes Sloan has had. It makes me appreciate the better actors on the show (from her to either actress who played Abigail or, heck, the actress who played Serena for 10 minutes). She’s been mostly wasted the past 5 years. I can’t blame her for wanting to move on and try other things. She has to be tired of playing the same notes over and over grasping for DiMera. When she had good material—drama or comedy—she absolutely lived up to it.

When she leaves, I hope she takes Stefan with her and they go to Australia to be happy with her kid. I can’t sit through another death that we all know won’t stick, her going to prison again, or some convenient breakup that splits them up after they just got back together. But I’m sure Brandon Barash (Stefan) is still on contract.

Wow, had no idea about her terrible loss. Kudos to her for doing her work with that charity and staying on for so long.

I really like the actress and will be sad to see her leave. I started watching just a little before she aired her first episode. But I really wish her nothing but the best. I think she's really grown as an actress these past 13 years.

Back