Actress leaving

No great loss for the show really. Good luck to her for the future.

If it were my choice I'd ship Ciara off to college for a while and have her come back to Salem when Lauren Boles is old enough to play a young adult.

Lauren Boles was giving Ciara a way different direction (well, I suppose it was really the writers doing it) than Ciara actually took. It probably is more true to life with the current Ciara. I truly didn't like this one when she started, but she has grown on me, and into the character, in my opinion.

I've seen definite improvement since the triangle started with Claire and Theo. I wish the actress well. Something tells me there is more to the story than what's posted there but best of luck to her. I truly hope she finds her niche in the industry.

I do think she is done taping hence all the hair color changes and odd tweets. If the show doesn't recast and I hope they do, I'd like to see Allie brought back to battle with Claire.

I wonder if they'll recast or just have her go away somewhere? Too bad they can't de-age her and have Lauren Boles (young Ciara) come back.
:clap:Best of luck to the actress. Not only was she put into a tough spot by having her replace the very popular Lauren Boles, but they threw her into the deep end of the pool with storylines, which would have tested the skills of an older, more experienced actor.

Good luck to the actress but the character was just poorly written. The character was ruined with that rape storyline with Chase. All the teens need to go with the exception of Theo in my opinion. The only successful teen scene was when Belle, Shawn, Chloe Philip, Mimi, etc, were around. The show hasn't been able to capture the talent or that chemistry since.

Last edited by a moderator:
The teens are not going anywhere and they have every right to be on Days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the board, cindyhaskins

Good luck to the actress. She did try and gradually improved. However, I think just like others pointed out, Ciara was given too many deep storylines so suddenly, that the actress wasn't used to the role yet. If anything, Abby's character development with the new actress is going too slow, but in Ciara's case it was fast forward and poorly executed. Perhaps after Hope gets released from jail, Ciara will leave town.

Good luck to the actress but the character was just poorly written. The character was ruined with that rape storyline with Chase. All the teens need to go with the exception of Theo in my opinion. The only successful teen scene was when Belle, Shawn, Chloe Philip, Mimi, etc, were around. The show hasn't been able to capture the talent or that chemistry since.

As a longtime viewer, I have to say that there were a couple of enjoyable teen scenes (Besides Shawn, Belle, Philip & Mimi). The Hope/Jen teen years were great. Hope meeting Bo, Jen & Frankie and then Jack - those years were awesome as well. Even the Sami/Carrie/Austin/Lucas teen scene was a lot of fun. They were just a long long time ago.

Back