Adrienne, you go girl!

SarahBeth

Reaction score
Finally tptb gave Adrienne something other than busybody fluff. That pop she gave Will was fantastic!!!! As was calling him a "child". The scenes where she chewed on Will were the best material the show has given her since her return. I say give her more of that and you'll see a rise in ratings. Good grief, tptb really have no clue how to utilize the talent they have right under their own noses.

And when she admitted to Justin that she kissed Lucas but stopped because it was wrong and Justin looked all judgmental at her, with her responding by questioning if he had crossed the line with his lady lawyer coworker was fantastic as well.

More Adrienne please!!!!!!

I'd like more strong women in general on this show, and not the strong women type that Kate is.

I mean really, Hope and Aiden at the cabin. The old Hope would not have been a fearful rabbit in a lair, searching for a weapon. Come on, she has self-defense skills, she's a cop.

I love Nicole, but must she be so needy?? She would be just as great as someone who focused on something other than the pitiful men of Salem who are so judgmental about her actions, never bothering to look at their own actions.

Adrienne has really owned her scenes these past few days, and in a totally believable manner, in my opinion.

I literally JUST watched that scene! It was good. Adrienne has been great!

I have a slightly different perspective on the storyline, though (I know, you're all shocked). As Adrienne was yelling at Will and Will was telling her what was going on, I was thinking - you know, if anyone should understand how something like this could happen, it would be Adrienne.

I am NOT defending Will. I am NOT defending Adrienne. I am NOT defending Justin. But I am saying that I saw a parallel that ended differently. Will and Sonny were "having problems" and "drifting apart". They didn't really talk about it. Will allowed a weak link to become broken, and that's his fault.

Adrienne and Justin are "having problems" and "drifting apart". They aren't really talking about it. Adrienne is possibly jumping to conclusions about what's going on. (I would be coming to the same conclusions, for the record!) She allowed a weak link to become weaker by kissing Lucas, and continuing to seek out his company. That isn't the same thing as actually committing adultery, but it is the wrong thing and isn't healthy for her relationship with Justin. (Also keep in mind that I'm just watching Monday's show, so I'm obviously behind and other stuff has undoubtedly happened.) So in that regard, if anyone could understand how it could happen, it would be Adrienne. I would like to see her admit that - she can still be rightfully angry at Will (and should be) for what he did.

I am doubtful that this would actually happen, but I would like to think that if someone, especially Adrienne, at empathized with Will (not that he deserves it), he might turn that corner and be able to own what he did instead of constantly trying to defend himself. He would see that it isn't something that you can defend, and that while it was a terrible "mistake"... a terrible and stupid decision on his part... the only way he might get through this with Sonny is to get over defending himself.

If he keeps this up, it will backfire. Adrienne should realize this, too, because she isn't too far off from where Will is. I know she's angry - and she should be - at both Will and Justin, but I think she was taking much of her anger at Justin out on Will. The stories are related... I would like to see Adrienne be a mother figure (yes, even to Will) and see the parallels, back up a bit to do the hard thing and hear Justin, and do the hard thing and try to use her experience to steer Will in a better direction. She only needs to think of Sonny to be able to do this... the sooner Will fixes himself, the better it will be for Sonny - regardless where their marriage ends up after the dust settles. A desperate Will means an unhappy Sonny - married or not.

Wouldn't that be a surprise - to have a character on a soap do something unexpected and not out of passion - even if it is deserved? I know, I know... it will never happen. :) (I also know it has happened before... I just can't think of an instance off the top of my head. Well, one, but it isn't worth mentioning. Haha...)

Oh I'm loving this too. She really told Will what we've been saying about him for months here! And it's just great that she, Justin, and Lucas all have much more airtime. I hope it continues, but I still don't want Lucas & Adrienne romantically involved.

She lives at the Kmansion.

I loved Adrienne's scenes too, and I think it's wonderful she's finally being well-used. And I agree, we need more strong women on the show. Abby had her chance, now she makes puppy eyes at Chad all the time. Nicole was strong until it was discerned that she must orbit Daniel at all times.

Edited to add: And let's not forget Hope the cop cowering in fear at the beachhouse. Add to the list Tori, who practically chewed her way through the booth to avoid John.

The only thing going through my mind while watching that scene was "SLAP HIM AGAIN!!!!" finally someone had the guts to do so. Will needed that more than he knew, sadly it didn't make much of a difference in the long run.

Also I know there's a parallel feeling between the two storylines but I can't help but think that it's worse for Adrienne to hear about Will's indiscretion because of Sonny. What hurts a child, hurts the parent and in this case mama bear was really ticked off.

The Adrienne-Justin scenes are a perfect example of what a difference it makes when an actor is given good material. When Adrienne was the impossible meddling mother, her appearance on screen probably caused many viewers to groan, but with compelling lines, the character stole the show. Imagine how much better Days would be if veteran actors like Kassie DePaiva (Eve), Drake Hogestyn (John), Bryan Dattilo (Lucas), etc. were given good scripts. Maybe then the show wouldn't be bleeding viewers.

I loved the scenes because the dialogue and her delivery were just spot on. Now I'd like to see Adrienne do something other than be involved with Sonny all the time. This show needs to get back to writing multifaceted characters, not just one note one storyline at a time characters.

What was Adrienne's profession before she owned the Cheating Heart? Didn't she do something at the hospital?

I really don't remember her having a career, she married Justin when very young, and he was well off...... When she first came to town, after running away from home, she was befriended by Kayla, and was living with her. When Duke found her alone, beat & raped her, she shot him, went on trial. Patch took the blame, but she remembered and owned up, and due to circumstances, was freed. She & Justin met up, and eventually married.

I remember she owned a construction outfit at one point, but I think it was after she was involved with Justin.

Really, she could have any kind of career. I mean, this is Salem, LOL. She could attend Salem U for a few weeks and be a doctor in no time!! (Actually the idea of a non-traditional college student would be kind of nice to see on Days.)

In their defense, it was just a kiss. They both broke it off before it went any further. Will slept with Paul without a second thought. So I can't compare the two.

The Adrienne-Justin scenes are a perfect example of what a difference it makes when an actor is given good material. When Adrienne was the impossible meddling mother, her appearance on screen probably caused many viewers to groan, but with compelling lines, the character stole the show. Imagine how much better Days would be if veteran actors like Kassie DePaiva (Eve), Drake Hogestyn (John), Bryan Dattilo (Lucas), etc. were given good scripts. Maybe then the show wouldn't be bleeding viewers.

Her fears about Sonny dating Will and Sami Brady's past looming over their relationship was some of my favorite material from her since she and Justin came back to Salem. Many viewers were turned off by her meddling ways but her fears were justified and her approach was much more tamed than other meddling moms in Salem. She tried to reason with Sonny, to get him to see that Will's family was toxic and would eventually cause him pain. She didn't sabotage them or scheme to break them up and I'm so happy that's a road the previous writers didn't take. They kept her in protective mom mode without delving into wacko mom mode a la Eve or Kate. Not to mention that her over-protectiveness of Sonny led to marital problems between her and Justin which culminated in one of the cutest "make-up" flirtation scenes in the park that I've seen on this soap in a while.

Back