Aiden/Chase

That's my point though. There is absolutely no way Aiden could have kept Chase from finding out. Chase would have found out eventually anyway. The truth should have been told in the first place. They would have dealt with whatever bullying came later in life. He was a toddler. It was an accident. (and certainly not the first when it comes to handguns.) Now it's not just an accident- but a felony as his father withheld evidence from a fatal accident. It would have been just that- a fatal accident. Now it's a lie. a felony. His dad could end up having to serve time in jail.

I know, It's Salem, not realistic. But it just seems like the opposite of what someone that has studied and worked as an attorney would do. The character of Aiden doesn't make any sense. (not that I expect much from the writer's though LOL...I'm not even mad!)

Accident or not......the guilt a child would feel and carry with them throughout their life is what Aiden wanted to avoid. His mother committed suicide, was drinking and was despondent. There is nothing for any other children to tease or bully him about.
This story is sort of a counterpoint to how Clyde keeps insisting and accusing Jordan of "killing her mother". Clyde, for some reason, WANTS Jordan to feel guilty, be despondent, etc.
Aiden wants only to protect his son. And perhaps, being an attorney, he has seen this happen to other youngsters, and did not want his son to have to experience any of it.

Some of what he says may be true; however, that guy has a temper. We've seen it flare several times for different reasons. Huge red flag there. I think he definitely is someone the Hope needs to watch out for. As far as the video? That woman appeared to be pretty crystal clear at the time, so I do not think she was drunk at all.

And she may not have been of sound mind, either. Why would she have to be drunk in the video...what has been said is she drank a lot, and fought with her husband a lot. Whatever she told Bree, or that Bree imagined....we don't know. There is some story there, something Bree is not divulging. Maybe we will learn what it is, maybe not.

Back