Albert Alarr is out

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Email to cast and crew

Here is Corday’s note:

Dear Days Cast and Crew,

Effective immediately, Janet Drucker will be elevated to co-executive producer of Days of Our Lives, replacing Albert Alarr, who will be exiting his role.

Moving forward, we will be implementing additional HR protocols, including an increased HR presence as well as channels for reporting any concerns. It is imperative that we have a safe and inclusive workplace environment.

Production will resume, as planned, on Monday with new leadership in place. As a reminder, we still have a pre-planned hiatus set for the week of August 14th.

Sincerely,
Ken

Thank you, Days fans!

3a6ab5b60ac1e4e30bdb3e8c6f50b4576fc3e80f.jpg

Thank you to everyone who took a moment and made phone calls and emails this week. Thank you for showing your love and support for the cast & crew of "Days of Our Lives." Thank you to Corday Productions, NBC and Peacock for listening to the "Days" family and making a positive change. Monday begins a new chapter of "Days of Our Lives" and I look forward to what lies ahead for the show as we inch closer to its 60th anniversary!

Cannot tell you how surprised......and pleased......I was this morning to read this news. Am sorry it took so long but happy for the cast & crew. Of course there is denial, which also seems rather late, but there was undoubtably a lot of upheaval behind the scenes. Just hope there won't be any sort of suit filed in the future. Corday made a decision for the good of all those connected to the show, despite his long association with the now departed exec producer. Congrats.

Probably cuz he has nothing else. Instead of apologizing to the cast & crew, asking for forgiveness.....nope, blame something else. No taking responsibility. Just throw out a random reason for why poor me is being picked on.

Wonder how he explains the high esteem the cast & crew holds for Jim Reynolds, Jackee Harry, & others.

First of all, neither Ken Corday nor Albert Alarr have apologized to cast and crew. I expect it from Albert but from Ken Corday it is absolutely shameful. His email takes zero responsibility for the situation and then he allows Alarr to issue that bogus statement instead. Let's not praise Ken because he is the cause of this situation.

It took 10 days from the time the allegations became public (Thank you Editor Nellie at Deadline) for this to come to fruition. So the only reason Ken did this is because he was forced, not because he wanted to do the right thing. According to Kola Boof on twitter, SAG-AFTRA and Fran Drescher are who finally caused him to act. If that is true, they deserve some credit too.

Also, Soap Opera Digest still has yet to cover this story while every other soap outlet and mainstream media like Deadline, Variety, People, LA Times, TVLine and others have been covering this thoroughly. Now would be a good time to cancel subscriptions to Soap Opera Digest.

soapkitty, I wondered why he said that about himself. He thought the punishment he
got was enough and it was hardly anything at all. And now he wants people think he got
fired because of his race.

I wish I could be shocked by Alarr's version of events, but I'm not. Abusers never see that their actions are the only reason for the eventual downfall. If only you'd been quicker bringing me the beer, I wouldn't have had to punish you, if only you (XXXX) then I wouldn't have had to (YYYY) But Albert gets to do this AND play a race card. Masterful in his inability to understand he and he alone is the reason he is in the trouble that he is in. Abusers 101. He can teach the class.

Back