Alex/Xander/Victor & the Will

True, but Victor being Victor and his show of kindness and love towards Justin makes sense to me. He has been far kinder to Justin than any of his other kids and grandchildren, with the exception of the Isabella and his granddaughters.

Who knows, I don't remember the last time I have been surprised or watching riveting drama on Days. I've heard though over at General Hospital that the writers they hired during the strike were not soap opera writers and viewers have been loving the fast paced energy filled show. Maybe this will signal a change in pacing for soaps in the near future

All the speculation in the world, can't figure out what the writers will come up with. I feel, very strongly, that something in that briefcase wasn't on the up and up by the time it got to Salem. Too many Kiriakis heirs were left out.

Just seems ironic they had Sarah name her baby after Victor, a man she didn't even really like. Sure, she was doing it as a way to please and comfort her grieving mother, but I think in the end, Xander will be Victor's son and Victoria will be his granddaughter. Just my pure speculation.

Having Justin turn out to be Victor's son would have the boring "big whoop" factor that we had when we found out Andre was really Stefano's son and not his nephew. We just shrugged our shoulders and moved on. It barely registered.

I don't see the writers giving a big, meaty storyline to one of the older vets on the show right now, in favor of milking it with the angst of Alex supposedly not being Justin's son. There's really no angst or drama if Justin would be Victor's son. Everybody would shrug and go about their business.

Heck, Dick Van Dyke being John's bio dad lasted about four episodes. In the past, that would've dragged on for months.

It's a shame when they fizzle our stories that seemed to be building, but they just burst balloon and poof, all over. They could have/should have had at least another episode or two after John & Marlena had Dad Van Dyke move in. Are we now supposed to imagine he stays in his room at all times, became invisible? Of course there is no mention, he just disappeared.

Xander deserves so much better than he has received. Then again, now that a certain person is no longer with the show, perhaps changes for the good will be on the agenda, & maybe some departed characters will return. However, I know the cast was just way too big......so, guess we will have to be content with "visits". Plus several of the actors no longer live around L.A,. so.....they are only available for short runs. Smile, folks, Days is still here.

Maybe this will signal a change in pacing for soaps in the near future
I doubt it (somewhat unfortunately).

Short-term writers don't care how much story they burn through (this can be seen throughout the years when there's a strike or writer change) because they won't have to clean up the mess. That said, I am on record saying soaps shouldn't be written like it's still 1965.

Back