"All in the Family"?????

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't know what started me thinking about this, maybe because I saw a possible spoiler/idea and said, oh, no!
But soaps (Days) don't seem to have a problem with the same person having sex with parent and child, do they? Way back when, Doug married Addie, tho he had been dating Julie, and then, after Addie died, well, we all know Doug & Julie (Addie's daughter).
Kristen was nearly married to John, and also his son, Brady
Nicole had a little one night stand with Roman, and then his son, Eric, not to mention brother, Brady.
JJ was dating Paige, and bedded her mother, Eve
Hard to keep track of Kate, as she has had sex with nearly every male in Salem who has ever drawn a breath, but there WAS Stefano, & then his son Andre. I could really stretch to note Victor, and his step-son, Daniel, but I won't. However, in addition to Andre, Kate bedded EJ as well.
I honestly do not remember if when Eve & Jack were together, if it was just a platonic arrangment to get the money, or if they ever consummated their marriage, however Eve did have sex with Jack's son, JJ.
Am sure there are more.....all I can think of for now.
I know the pool of men & women is not all that large, but the show just has to stop this sort of pairing.
O.K.just my opinion.....

[Kate] but there WAS Stefano, & then his son Andre.
And EJ.
JJ was dating Paige, and bedded her mother, Eve
And he was with Gabi, who was Paige's half-sister.

Rafe was with Sami and nearly bedded Carrie, then married their former aunt-by-marriage, Hope.

Abby had sex with Chad and his brother EJ. (not including Stefan since that was rape)

Well, I was meaning Parents & their children. Heck, all of Salem seems related in one way or another, in-law, ex-in-law, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, adopted relatives or ones they don't know they are related to, distant cousins, etc.
It just seems too much when some woman beds father & son, or some man has sex with mother and daughter.

By the way, I DID mention Kate bedding EJ. 1st paragraph, last sentence. :)

@Jason.....I don't think Kate slept with Eduardo's son, or Rafe's father. And Rafe has no sons, at least that we know of.
(Gosh this makes me think of GL & Reva Shane, who married HB Lewis, after having been married with his son Billie, and hot & heavy with his other son, her soulmate, Josh.

I often wish Reva could come to Salem, along with Erica Kane, give Kate a run for her money. (No, don't know what soap Erica was on, but have read a lot about her). Oh, well.......
back to Salem and sleeping with the parent, and the child. LOL

son Billie, and hot & heavy with his other son, her soulmate, Josh
...not to mention Kyle Sampson, Billy's other brother, LOL...anyway back to Salem....

Thanks JS for clarifying. I was a bit mystified for a second at Poirot's comment but it was easy to forget since Eduardo was so pointlessly shuffled off to jail (while Hope ...well, you know).

Way back when, Marie Horton was also involved with a father and son, Tony and Craig Merritt.

Yes, when Tony and Marie broke up, she eventually married his dad. Marie later fell in love with her brother, Tommy, after he had facial surgery and became afflicted with amnesia. He had been injured in combat and was presumed dead. Mickey and Bill Horton both fell for Dr. Laura Spencer, but she wanted Bill. Later, because of a problem with his hand, he couldn't do surgery. He climbed on the pity pot and let Mickey steal her from under his nose. After she married Mickey, Bill, in a drunken stupor, raped her, resulting in her becoming pregnant with Mike.

After Bo died, I've always thought a good story would have been for Jen and Hope to battle over the same guy. Raines or Aiden would have been a good candidate for this.

I'm kind of surprised Kate has never been with Eric or Brady.

Looks like Tripp is going to be with Ciara and her niece Claire

Daniel was Kate, Billie, and Chelsea. I forget if he actually slept with Chelsea though or just dated her.

Always thought it was odd that Doug and Julie didn't have a child together. Hope could have been older sister to her own niece or nephew and then gone around town referring to them as her cousin.

Always thought it was odd that Doug and Julie didn't have a child together.
Doug wanted a child with Julie. She wasn't overly interested in having another baby, but did eventually come around. It was around the time Rebecca North died and Doug found out he was Little Dougie's real father. Then Julie had the accident in which her face was badly burned. That led to a whole thing with her divorcing Doug.

Back