All My Exes

Chapter 37, The Finale

SALEM CITY PARK, PHILIP AND CHLOE’S WEDDING

Father Matt: Is there anything you’d like to say to each other before we continue?
Philip: I’ve got a lot to say.
Brady [looking at his watch]: Nicole and me need to be in California by tomorrow night. We’ve got tickets to a Manilow concert.
Philip [laughing]: I’ll try to be brief.
Nicole: Don’t listen to Brady, Philip. You take your time. This is the moment you’ve both been waiting a long time for.
Philip: A very long time. About a dozen years. That’s how long it’s been since I lost a bet. He takes Chloe’s hands in his. Losing that bet turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me. It made me take a second look at you, Chloe. And now, yours is the face I want to see when I wake up every day, and before I fall asleep every night, and every minute in between.
Chloe: Philip, it’s my fault that it took us this long to get together ...
Philip: Chloe sweetie, don’t ...
Chloe: It’s okay, because I know that it makes me appreciate you more. Want to hear something funny? You know that big crush I had on you in high school?
Philip: I was a big jerk in high school. I treated you like ...
Chloe: Stop. See, the thing is, I still have a big crush on you. And you still rock my world. But the best part is ... you’re not a jerk anymore. Philip laughs. There’s a kind and tender side of you that most people don’t get to see. But I see it every day.
Philip: Wow, don’t lose the rose-colored glasses.
Chloe’s eyes fill with tears.
Chloe: I’m not worried. I’ve known you too long and I know you too well. I think the only surprises in our lives are going to be good ones.
Philip: I hope you’re right. We deserve to be happy. I’ll do anything to make you and our son happy.
Chloe: You already do. I don’t need a lot of things, remember? I can get by with nothing. ‘Cause I’ve got all I want when it comes to loving you.
Now Philip gets teary-eyed.
Philip: I remember. Our song. And listening to you talk just now ...
Chloe: That’s another thing. You actually listen to me!
Philip [laughing]: I do. And I’m starting to realize that there was a reason it took us so long to get here. I think we needed to go through all of those experiences -- finding other loves, losing other loves -- so we could find each other again. You were my first love, and now you’re my last.
Chloe: I think I just thought of the right thing to say to make you realize that you’re the only man for me. Remember when we were on the plane coming back from Ireland? You asked me how many times I’ve been in love. Really in love. I can now admit to you there were three times. And they were all with you.
Philip and Chloe are both in tears.
Philip: I love you so much, Chloe Lane.
Chloe: I love you more.
Philip: I seriously doubt that. Thank you for making my dreams come true.
Philip takes Chloe in his arms and kisses her.
Father Matt: I guess this is the part where I pronounce you husband and wife.

The End

Wow. Wonderful ending. I just love weddings when the two people getting married really love eachother. Philip and Chloe in this story really do love eachother. Thanks for the super story Kpatch.

:clap: Standing ovation for kpatch!!! Wonderful story and beautiful ending! It's so nice to see (or rather, read :)) a couple being completely honest with each and so in love. Sigh....I guess we'll have to stick to fanfic for that, huh? :rolleyes:

Can't wait for more stories from kpatch! :D

I have tears in my eyes now!:cry2:

Such a beautiful ending..

When will be your next story? I don't want to go through kpatch story withdrawal! :D

A little birdie told me this story was finished so I read it from beginning to end. My eyes are kinda watering also! And I think I need to go put on some Manilow music.

Another great story from the "pen" of kpatch. This is my favorite for sure!

Kpatch, that was so beautifully written! What a great love story! I really can't wait to read another story by you. Thank you for making us all smile. :)

BRAVA!!!!!! This story was endearing and beautiful executed. Thank you. It was such a pleasure reading this lovely tale. I wish the show were as good!

Awww Kpatch, this story was so sweet ... I have to go brush my teeth now ... kidding:) It really was sweet, but as Martha would say, that's a good thing. Excellent story from start to finish!!! :clap: :clap:

Thank you!

Thank you so much for reading All My Exes and posting your wonderful comments. I’m glad you enjoyed this story. I know it was a long one, but it was the first story I ever wrote for my very favorite Days couple and I had a lot of ground I wanted to cover, so thank you for hanging in there with me! There will be more.

You are an amazing group of people and I am grateful to you for encouraging me to post my fan fiction and to Poirot and Wayne for providing the forum.

Have you ever thought of publishing some of your short stories? I mean change the names to protect the innocent. Wait - that's from Dragnet isn't it? I think you should go for it -- pardon me if you already have.

What can I say that hasn't been said by everyone else??? Amazing, heart-wrenching, romantic, funny (picturing Nicole changing a tire all dressed up), :clap: :cry2:

Chloe, are you seriously saying the above? Um yeah, the guy you cheated with while married to the guy you cheated on his brother with .... who you just happened to hook up while you were still carrying on with Philip himself.... might have a few concerns about your commitment & fidelity. Guys are weird like that.:rolleyes:

I just started reading this today and I'm currently on page 38. This is by far the best fan fiction I've ever read and I'm so sad that in a few more pages it'll be over until Monday. Chloe and Philip are my all time favorite couple and reading this has brought back so many good memories of how it used to be. I've had a smile on my face the whole time reading this. Now only if Chloe & Philip and Sami & Lucas (my second favorite couple) would get back together on the show.

The comment above got me thinking. Did Chloe ever cheat on Brady? Why exactly did their relationship end?

eta: I just finished. Didn't realize the story ended. It was a great story though and I'm really looking forward to the next. Maybe Sami & Lucas?

This was one of the best stories I have read, ever! Great combinations of romance, rough patches, friendships, etc. It had me crying as well.

Thank you so much, and I look forward to your future stories. Seriously, TPTB need to hire you!

Back