An overwhelming need to slug Laura

I loved Susan Flannery too and Rosemary Forsyth. The original character of Laura was not the witch we see today.

The original Lauras also didn't spend 18 years in a asylum and purposely kept on medications to keep her catatonic so they can mooch off Horton money either. These references of the Lauras of the past apply as much as how Kate's character used to be when Deborah Adair played her in the mid 90's. They don't apply, Laura's husband back then didn't get Kate pregnant with Lucas and Kate back then ONLY schemed and manipulated to actually protect her son from Curtis, her abusive estranged husband at the time, and the truth Lucas was the result of an affair with Bill Horton.

And since Laura's reappearance in 1993 wouldn't it actually make sense that this woman is well portrayed as pretty bitter and angry or paranoid. Leave Laura alone she has been given the wrong side of the plate for quite some time. LOL!

Last edited:
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Hello, Silver Fox!!

f7a745222780c37d29645bc3fa8ecc78.jpg

Last edited:
If they were going to bring back a parent for Jenn, then they should have brought back The Silver Fox, Bill Horton instead! He would have been fun with Kate!
Bill has already had fun with Kate. That's why Lucas is here. :)

:OT: Lucas and Nicole are my favorites on the show; however, as much as I love Lucas, there is no way Bill Horton would have cheated on Laura back then. Ah...the convenience and the aggravation of being able to rewrite history.
:back:

Last edited:
Maybe the reason Bill isn't on much is he is still having de-cootie treatments for Kate-Kooties. Kate-Kooties are far more dangerous than regular cooties. It takes years and years of de-cootie-asations.

I can accept Bill and Kate equalling Lucas way easier than John and Tori equalling Paul. Firstly, it was before my time, secondly the timeline for Paul is impossibly off, but lastly, they milked the drama with Kate and Bill for years in the 90's. Bill wasn't even there and they were milking it! Tori's a blip and gone, we hardly see Paul, and there seems no point to it.

Who is this Orpheus ???? Must have been early in the black and white days of tv land.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, ralf.....those were the days, my friend. He was back in the 80s.

@Eras.........according to the Days history book I have, Kate & Bill did indeed have an ongoing affair, while Kate was married to Curt. He threw her out, which is when Marlena befriended her, helped her eventually to get to New York.

Yes Deborah Adair seemed to be a more laid back Kate, but she is the one who went down with the plane in the ocean, was rescued by a fishing boat, and was working for that crew for a couple years.

A character is a character.....not an actor. And whoever is portraying a character has to do so with the material/scripts/storyline the writers provide. Plus at however they are directed by that person. It makes no difference who is portraying a character, that character's history remains the same. Sure, some actors seem to get the pulse of the character better than others, perhaps.

And I am soooo all for bringing the Silver Fox back. Definitely!

I'm curious what became of Orpheus' children and do they resent Marlena for leaving them behind? She seemed to take care of them on the island she was on.

Yes, back then I remember Laura spilling the beans about Lucas. I think that was in the 90's. Anyway, Days was starting to get dry. Clyde needs to go bye bye with the help of Victor and lil brother. Wasn't deep into soaps that much, but I love good drama and real storylines any day of the week.

Anyway, I was watching Another World, and back then writing was awesome. Then I started watching Days and have been checking it out since then or reading it online.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay so I'll admit I blindly made my statement without watching the actual episodes until just last night. Yeah, I'm an idiot. Laura was absolutely out of hand and really was trespassing!

Well, I say she had a right to see her great-grandson and was justified in what she said to him. She doesn't know him but given what the typical Dimera is, I can see why she would think he is the same. She has been fooled before by thinking one Dimera may have changed, so she's not taking any chances lol.

Yes, she was blunt. Yes, she could have toned it down, but at the same time, I'm glad she didn't take Kate's bull either. When she gets to know Chad, she will see that maybe he is different. I think what she said helped Chad. It looked like a light went on and was leading him back from the dark side he seemed to be heading toward. Just my opinion.

There was no objection to her seeing her grandson. At least that I could see. And yes, while I agree she did not know Chad, and may have figured he was like the other DiMeras, the fact remains that Abby loved him, defended him, assured Laura he was not like the rest of the family, plus Laura had to know the lengths Chad went to in order to rescue Abby (and Thomas) from the clutches of Ben.

Jennifer knew all Chad did, how much he loved and cared for her daughter, and had told Laura. Plus Chad had easily agreed to have Lucas & Adrienne move in to help care for the baby. Laura could have just been distant, withholding any niceties, but she did, in my opinion, go overboard.

but Laura has always annoyed me.

I'm off my soapbox and getting back to Laura. I'm really curious to know if Julie and Laura had a "DARLING" knockdown, in who could say this the most. :)

I, too could never stand Laura. I don't know why, but she just bugged me. Having her just show up and begin ragging on people already is a bit much. She is just as bad as "St. Julie" and Doug. The lot of them drive me nuts!

Back