And I have to say.....wk.Feb. 27

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting week, annoying week, aggravating week......pick one! Is this perhaps what decided the show to look for new writer?

Don't even know where to start. Chloe's insistence on keeping Holly, depriving the child of her rightful mother? Why?

Nicole grabbing said baby, going on the run with NO plan, no destination, no supplies?

Deimos thinking in his Mafia mind he can fix everything with thugs and bribes, & Nicole will forgive?

Abby & Chad nuzzling up a storm at home, with her forgiving, overlooking the meat locker striptease to keep warm thing that went on with Chad & Gabi, but turning green with jealousy every time those two meet up. And then Gabi, who claims there is nothing between her & Chad, she knows he is married, devoted to wife & family......and yet she is up on that stage acting like devoted wifey?

And stupid envious Abby just stands there, doesn't go up to claim her rightful place?

And then we have the Godfather wannabe Sonny, who is trying hard to turn into a Corleone, but cannot convince anyone he means what he says.

And while I understand Roman "retiring" after failing to really do his job (remember the by the book, Roman?) his praise of Hope and the legacy he is leaving behind was hogwash. While all think Stefano is really alive, the fact remains that Hope shot someone, and Rafe helped her cover it up. Both should no longer be on the force. But if so, should not be sharing desk space. The goo goo eyes at each other is overdone.

Have no words for the JJ/Lani thing, whatever it is. And Gabi, who tells JJ to stay out of her business, is very busy body asking about his. No idea why Days thinks pairing JJ up with the woman who had sex with him in Miami, knowing he was blind drunk, but got perturbed that he did not remember it, was a good idea, but it ISN'T.

So.........what did YOU think of the past week?

To have whatever this week was, after the funeral, that apparently wasn't important enough to mention again yet Hope too sick to attend was healthy enough to go to work?

The different time zones for different people in Salem is confusing.

And I sure wish my grandsons slept and played elsewhere as these Salem kids. (actually, I'm glad they aren't Salem kids but normal kids) I understand the difficulties of children on the set. But to always have them elsewhere and toys are almost always picked up and there's never "let me get XYZ, they are reading a bedtime story/bathing/outside playing catch/etc." No mention of interaction between parent and missing child. But then there is no mention of family much either.

Sad (to steal a phrase from our President).

...the fact remains that Hope shot someone, and Rafe helped her cover it up. Both should no longer be on the force.
Frankly, many other Salemites have done just as bad, or worse, than this, and they didn't seem to be condemned for it the way Rafe and Hope are for what they did. (I think the whole shooting and subsequent hiding of the body, was an old trick like the ones used in the Melaswen story, but I digress.) The old "police officers should be held to a higher standard" mantra can't even apply here because of the actions of Bo Brady alone. He broke the law multiple times, and it seems to me that he was hailed as a hero for it, without even a slap on the wrist.

No offense to anyone, but I think the condemnation of Rafe and Hope for shooting/hiding Stefano, if they really did, is based mostly on the fact that they aren't as widely-praised as a romantic couple as some others are. It's a moot point, as I see it, because, as soon as Peter Reckell (ex Bo Brady) decides to grace our screens again, for whatever reason, Rafe will be out on his fanny anyway.

As for Sonny, as I commented a few days ago, he wants to go from barista to CEO (maybe even Godfather) in one fell swoop. I ain't buyin' it!

Last edited:
It honestly makes me want to check out of the show until June or so. There's nobody to root for and the people I care about (Steve, Kayla, Lucas, Anne, Marlena, and at times Adrienne) never air. Everyone's just meandering around filling time.

At this point I'd love something really radical like the DiMera-Hernandez-Kiriakis war goes amok, kills Victor, Maggie, wounds Sonny, kills Andre & Chad and Dario, and sends Eduardo back to Mami. Nobody's left standing except Deimos, who flees to Greece. Abby is forced to run DiMera on Thomas' account, for a while, Philip returns to run the K-Empire, and Sonny starts acting like himself again. A real field clearing.

That's bad. That's very bad. I shouldn't dislike this many characters or actually want a serial killer story. That's when you know the show's :sick:.

hey, was just a lousy week...it happens....

It makes me wonder after weeks like this, why Ken Corday keeps bringing the same failed headwriters back to the show. Didn't he learn the last time Dena Higley was writing the show and the ratings got so bad that fans were demanding that she be fired? And yet he brought her back again this time! At least the new headwriter has not written on Days before, he came from General Hospital.

I hope the show survives in the next few months.

It makes me think about the six-month thing. I still argue there's a certain point where it's no good no matter how much it saves because they've decided the show's not working but they're stuck with six months of junk in the can that turns fans away. (And frankly, I'd say it was time for a change when the decision to have Chase rape Ciara on Alice Horton's couch happened.) I'd say having anything more than 6-8 weeks in the can is just suicide for an ongoing serial narrative.

I enjoyed the week's shows. I usually do, because the over-the-top drama and story lines are either a good escape or give me something to laugh about. I liked the Chad/Abigail/Kate/Andre scenes. It looked to me like there was some inside joke going on and the actors were trying not to laugh, lol.

So.........what did YOU think of the past week?
To be succinct, not much. Let me count the ways:
  • Rafe and Hope celebrating their undeserved escape from criminal liability by cavorting in a bubblebath;
  • the relentless gloom of guilt-ridden sourpuss Eric;
  • clueless Chloe the baby-thief unilaterally deciding that a Deimos-free Nicole wouldn't be a good mother;
  • continued Daniel Jonas worship (Lucas really needs to remind everyone about Dr. Feely-Gropey consorting with his wife);
  • Nicole on the run with a kidnapped baby again;
  • slimy Dario repeatedly acting as the "Dear Abby" of Salem for troubled young women;
  • grim-faced Eli being nasty to his unfortunate mother (was this last week?);
  • Sonny trying (and failing) to look like Tommy Toughguy while blabbing about his intention to take down Deimos to almost anyone who will listen;
  • the Abby-Chad-Gabi show (enough already).
What Days needs besides an end to gloom, doom, and recycled story lines is more Anne, more Rory, and a return of T.

I was traveling this week but flat out skipped Tuesday's episode. On purpose. The show has no clear direction at the moment. They attempt to build up stories only for little to no climax at the end.

Right now I'm really interested in particular scenes with characters I like and that's it. I'm watching out of pure habit and am not enjoying the show at all. It has nothing to do with this particular week--it's been going on since Dena Higley took over from Josh Griffith. I'd also argue that I didn't enjoy Griffith's stuff that much either though I do think there was a brief period in early Fall 2015 where he and Higley were working together. That's when Rafe got his badge back, the sets reappeared, the 50th buildup, etc.

Heather4CU you explained how I feel to the T, better articulated then I can get people to understand. In short, it's lame!

There's no suspense or build up. Let's just say NBC if I am saying that the "Vendetta" storyline was actually entertaining compared to this, that's saying something.

Now a storyline I loved that everyone else hated was the "Salem Stalker" one, but at the time I was in high school, and Marlena on SOD with a black hoodie and knife. Seeing that in the check-out stands at grocery stores was awesome! Though there were times where I was like, "Can they get off this island already? It's been like almost 2 years now!"

The show lacks that excitement from back then and yes like Heather4CU said, build up. If anything Eli's story could have taken as long as Holly's but they didn't do that thankfully.

Pretty much, Heather, my thoughts are the same.

The only thing I didn't like about the initial leadup to the 50th/Higley/Griffith early episodes was the destruction of Aiden. I didn't love the necktie junk but I think they inherited a lot of that (at least the idea, if not the, pardon the pun, execution).

Yes, they clearly had talked to each other and planned things out.

Now they can't plan out too far because it takes to long to turn and have the story make sense. So we get stuck with junk for months, or people turn on a dime (example: Sonny's sudden lustful looks at Paul circa 6 months after Paul came to town, after six solid months of devotion to Will).

I agree. I was underwhelmed by the 50th stuff and hated what they did to Aiden but at the time, the show seemed more cohesive and a lot more exciting with the returns of Steve, Bo, Shawn, Belle, Andre, etc.

Preach again! Exactly! Around November it was getting good. I think a lot of us were excited. It only last about maybe 2 months, if that, before it became redundant.

Chloe winning custody is so dumb and so frustrating, even if Nicole was seen unfit, the baby would be given to family, not crazy Chloe, who basically stole the embryo in the first place. Chloe getting a restraining order is also dumb and just heartless, and stupid that it would be awarded. This whole storyline needs to stop and I have no idea how at this point they are going to write their way out of it. :beat:

Last edited:
Actually, when she realized her pregnancy "took", that was when the theft occurred. She was obligated to tell Nicole, and did not. Yes, it was mostly because of Deimos and his insistence on paternity testing, but that should not have stopped her from telling Nicole. Chloe appointed herself judge and jury, and while I think she probably was torn.....was going to, changed her mind, was going to, decided no......the fact remains, she did not. And when the truth did come out, no thanks to her, she still refused to give Nicole her child.

Seems as though the courts in Salem are as bad as the Police Dept. That custody hearing was a joke, a very bad one at that.

Back