Angela Lansbury (actress) died

Multi talented lady for sure. Murder She Wrote is definitely a fav of mine......Was watching a really old movie once, and she was in it, so young, I think the movie was Gaslight (Ingrid Bergman, Charles Boyer, Joseph Cotton). It was a mystery thriller.

I was sorry to hear about the death of Angela Lansbury. I saw her regularly in Murder She Wrote when she solved a murder a week at Cabot Cove (which must have had the highest small-town murder rate in the country). The first time I saw her was back in the '60s when the 1945 film, The Picture of Dorian Gray, was televised. Based on an 1890s Oscar Wilde novel, it was about the ageless Dorian whose portrait showed the effects of his evil, debauched life, while the real Dorian always looks 22. Angela Lansbury played the tavern singer Sibyl Vane who committed suicide after being cruelly dumped by Dorian. Years later, when tracked down by Sibyl's brother, Dorian escaped his revenge by asking: "how old do you think I am?"

One of the first movies I saw in the theater was Bedknobs and Broomsticks. I always like her and still watch the Murder She Wrote reruns whenever I see it on. Truly talented, Rest in peace.

it takes awhile for video to start

My favorite was the crossover episode with Magnum PI.

00806faccce2ae66953afe5f442a7098.jpg

Back