Another DiMera?

I don't think they started to cook up the Chad-as-a-DiMera storyline until after Madeline and Charles (Chad's parents) were brought on to the show, then decided to make Madeline one of Kate's fellow call girls from back in the day.
That was what was happening when I started watching again - David Leisure was playing Chad's dad and his mom was an ex-hooker. They were still talking quite a bit about Grace but she may have died a while before.

If they ever need Chad to use them for DUH PLOT, Grace will have as many shares as needed. After all, EJ was going to inherit Jake's shares for some reason.

DiMera Enterprises being a legit company with shares makes me laugh. When Stefano first came to Salem, he fully owned and ran his criminal empire himself, with the help of his henchmen and flunkies who did his dirty work. Then somewhere along the way it became DiMera Enterprises with stockholders and a board of directors. :rolleyes:

JS the power of Old Man Shin and the other shareholders must drive EJ crazy because he probably always expected to be in absolute charge like Father. Once the elder Shin retires, EJ should make Stefano proud by staging a corporate coup that would oust all other board members and put him in total control of the company. After all, how long can DiMera Enterprises thrice with a hydra-headed leadership and a revolving door of every-changing CEO's. As Stefano would surely say: "DiMera enterprises for real DiMeras only!"

I think Chad was the one to make DiMera legit. He created the legit enterprise when Stefano died because he wanted a real legacy for his kids. EJ was still dead if I remember. And Abigail helped her husband rebrand it in her capacity as a magical PR expert. Andre helped, kind of, until his shenanigans and Abigail’s mental issues got him murdered. Kate also helped.

That’s how I remember it, so it’s hilarious to me that Chad’s crooked relatives have pushed him out. Just like they stole Gabi’s company and act like she has no right to it. They also own Basic Black, which Brady built. None of the current CEOs in waiting (aside from Gabi) had anything to do with building the assets DiMera touts as a company. EJ acts like this is his baby. He was dead and then an angry mummy when the company was born and grew. Unless I’m not remembering correctly, the current corporation is more Chad’s creation even than Stefano’s.

Back