Another hair, makeup, etc. thread

SarahBeth

Reaction score
Well it looks like Allison Sweeney started a trend. Since Sami's hair has had some color added even Jennifer has added some much needed color in her hair. It also looks like Aiden has as well. I think they all look great. Once again John's hair was way too dark.

On the makeup and lighting side it was driving me nuts what they did to Hope's nose. I don't know if they had applied a highlighter down the front and the lighting was odd but it made her look like she had run into a door and flattened her nose. The lady is so pretty and I know her nose but somebody wasn't paying attention. It's kind of like what they used to do with Sami's nose by putting on a bit of a bronzer on the tip of her nose which under the lighting just made it look like Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer.

And how about the chest hair issue. In the same episode we get the bare as a baby's butt, over-oranged Brady and a very much in need of some manscaping Eric, who thankfully wasn't loaded up with the orange glow. Even Daniel was a bit toned down this week which worked next to Jenn who even when tan looks ghostly next to the orange glow poster child.

It's a shame that as hard as the actors work to keep in shape and looking good an over zealous amount of bronzer, makeup or a bad combination of lighting can undo that work.

Did anyone notice on Tuesday 5/20 show, when Jennifer pops out from under the sheets after a night of whoopie with Dr. Dan, that she is still wearing those...ahem.... cool hipster paisley pants under her black nightgown? It felt like they were supposed to be on closeup shooting and someone forgot, because everything else in that segment was waist up. I would have wanted to rid myself of those as quickly as possible!

Ok and then I must address the messy hair on men thing. Good grief they go way too messy with Daniel. There's a difference in the laid back free spirited look and the just woke up with a raging hangover look. The way they do his bangs section is odd and I'd love to see them texture it out so it isn't so heavy and balled up in the back as it gets.

What's equally as bad if the way they had JJ's hair sticking straight up in front. They do it to Brady often as well and it just is not appealing to me at all. Just a little more directional to soften it would be good.

Did anyone notice on Tuesday 5/20 show, when Jennifer pops out from under the sheets after a night of whoopie with Dr. Dan, that she is still wearing those...ahem.... cool hipster paisley pants under her black nightgown? It felt like they were supposed to be on closeup shooting and someone forgot, because everything else in that segment was waist up. I would have wanted to rid myself of those as quickly as possible!

Oh my gosh those pants were bad. She went around in them for a few episodes and one time we got the full view and they were major bell bottoms. The worst pants ever next to those weird printed things they put on Gabi just after she came home from having Ari.

The thing is, when Shawn Christian (Daniel) went to Australia to promo Days with Kristian Alfonso (Hope) there were pics from there and his hair looked great, especially when he was all decked out in a tuxedo, black tie, hair COMBED BACK, neat, even clean shaven.

I really HATE that a big time surgeon like Daniel is supposed to be, always looks so scruffy, like he ran a marathon, fell into bed, so badly needs a shower, a shave, and a hairbrush.

But then, I honestly HATE the unshaven look that is used. Either grow the beard or mustache, or shave....

I think they should take a cue from my NY Yankees and ban all facial hair. It is a much more polished look and in almost all cases makes men look younger. Daniel, Brady, etc just look awful and very unkempt.

Guys are getting married with stubble! I doubt their mothers are very happy about it.

Tami, do you think that Rafe could use a trim?

Archduchess Jennifer's bells look rather pricey; she will probably try to take them home...

SarahBeth I agree about Hope's nose contour. Having a drag queen for an ex meant learning all about shadows vs. highlights & it looked like they had it too dark on the sides or not blended. I couldn't figure out what looked off about it til reading your post. :)

But I do like chest hair natural. On the men, not Hope. lol

My local news had a story this morning about men's razor sales being down.
Apparently Shick and Gillette say men don't shave their faces as much but are more into "manscaping" the rest of their bodies. So they are developing more products towards body hair removal and not facial hair. :) Not sure I get the trend but then I'm kinda old.

I thought Jennifer's hair looked so much better yesterday.
Dr Dan's scruffiness doesn't really bother me too much.

Or perhaps they did the taping during the couple weeks of almost winter Southern California had this past year. It has been a very dry year! Again! And that is not a good thing.

SarahBeth I agree about Hope's nose contour. Having a drag queen for an ex meant learning all about shadows vs. highlights & it looked like they had it too dark on the sides or not blended. I couldn't figure out what looked off about it til reading your post. :)

But I do like chest hair natural. On the men, not Hope. lol

I do like my hubby's chest hair but occasionally just like hedges it needs a little trimming. He took the trimmers to it this morning so in a couple weeks when we go on our 25th anniversary trip it will be just right. Hope would not be nearly as pretty sporting that look. lolol

Back