Another possible return?????

jgk

Reaction score
If Only! I read on Soap Shows, an online site I signed onto, I think, a link in a thread somewhere here, that there is a possibility of a return of Chandler Massey (ex-Will). The Will many of us loved!!! I can imagine this happening without too much suspension of disbelief. He could have been in a coma and whisked off to some sort of rehab, and that's where Sonny has actually been this whole time?! :) I would be very happy if this comes out to be more than just a rumor!!

Thanks katmouse. I don't always read all of the threads so this was very informative.

Listen, I adored Chandler Massey as Will most of the time (except his tendency to smirk a lot when he shouldn't have, but he did get past it). I most adored his chemistry with Freddie Smith (Sonny). However, bringing Will back is pretty unbelievable, considering Gabi found and tried to revive him, Rafe confirmed he was gone. Sonny was gone before Will was killed, he was coming to town to make things right with him when he got the call from Victor.

Will coming back would not be more believable than Stefano coming back after being shot in the chest and falling off a catwalk into a raging fire or Hope coming back after being dropped in a vat of acid (they say she was switched out with someone else? I watched that scene on YouTube, and none of the characters took their eyes off of Hope for a second! They would have noticed she was swapped out!).

It wouldn't be any less believable than those scenarios either, if they played their cards right and gave some ridiculous bit about him being held somewhere and Guy Wilson's Will being an imposter.

I mean, I'm not against the idea of him coming back. I'd welcome it at this point, really, just because the actor is fun to watch and not much about Days aside from Victor is fun to watch right now.

Not that I want to see them back but I wonder if Paige and Serena's deaths may be reversed as well? I'm thinking no because Aiden and Will at least had some type of ties to the Dimeras whereas these 2 did not.

But then again it could explain why Ben supposedly is free again...

I thought after September of last year, or whenever it was, that there would be no more coming back from the dead?

Or did that only apply to Bo and Stefano whose actors don't want to come back? And Jack for some reason?

Listen, I adored Chandler Massey as Will most of the time (except his tendency to smirk a lot when he shouldn't have, but he did get past it). I most adored his chemistry with Freddie Smith (Sonny). However, bringing Will back is pretty unbelievable, considering Gabi found and tried to revive him, Rafe confirmed he was gone. Sonny was gone before Will was killed, he was coming to town to make things right with him when he got the call from Victor.

Not unbelievable at all considering this is "soap world land." They did it with Steve years ago when he "died" in a hospital bed with a heart monitor showing he flatlined. There was a funeral for Steve, complete with casket, and at the end of that episode it showed the caskets being switched. Later on, when Stephen Nichols (Patch) returned, Steve was written as having been kidnapped by Stefano and working as one of his thugs. Will went out to California with Sami and it wouldn't be much of a "soap opera stretch" to write Will's return . They could build a story around Guy Wilson's Will being an imposter and the real Will, a/k/a Chandler Massey's Will, having been kidnapped and now just being found/escaping and returning home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Won't that also mean that Sonny and Will never married? And an imposter Will would also mean that Sonny was raped because he thought the guy he was sleeping with was his husband. Oh, and also Paul, because he thought the guy he slept with was Will.

The thing is.....We, the viewing public, saw someone inject Steve's IV with a drug.....it slows your heartrate down so you appear dead (Yes, I read this as details in a few books, too). So, the fact his coffin was switched was no surprise, most folks knew he was still alive, just did not know "who" did it, who had him. So it was always known he was still alive, which of course had all the Steve/Kayla fans waiting with hopeful hearts for his return.

As to Will, I thought Will went to California with Sami AFTER he & Sonny were married. He had already written his piece on Paul, thus was asked to write the script for the movie on Sami's life or whatever. In CA, he was distant, would not call Sonny, or answer his calls, or texts, or rarely did. After he got fired, & came home dejected, then we learn he cheated on Sonny in CA.

Regardless, Will's writing did him no favors in his personal life and also helped him out of Salem and away from his husband, straining their relationship. The whole point of this conversation anyway was that he didn't just skip town, he DIED. Unless in some nutso twist they write that he's been just living in witness protection until after Ben's trial or was kidnapped by Stefano once the article about Sami and precious EJ printed (pretty sure EJ's affair was mentioned in it), thus never actually going to Hollywood, I just don't see how they'll bring him back and it make any kind of sense.

How much more are we, the viewers and fans, supposed to put up with this baloney? (I would like to use a different word but understand I can't)

First we're told "once they're dead, they're dead" now all we hear is "guess who's coming back?" I am getting totally discouraged with my dear "Days". I'll ask the writers, "How much more of your baloney are we supposed to take?"

As for me, I'm thinking about jumping ship and call the scores of years a lesson in being told one thing & getting something else. :angry:

Back