Antipasta Giardiniera

M

Muzzaman

So thank you, Rew, for telling me about this section of the Spectator. Goes to show I don't go into as many forums as I should. Anyways, over the past few days you may or may not have noticed the heated discussions, conferring with lawyers and a series of special meetings that have been going into the long hours of the night between Poirot, Rascalmom and myself over what this recipe is called. Well at the 11th hour and a few pints of the bubbly pop, and I may be crossing a line by speaking for these two lovely ladies, but I think an agreement has been reached over what this recipe is called and have given credit where credit is due in the title.

Although the ingrediants may seem odd, this is a tasty snack on crackers and makes quite a lot so it's nice to give away as gifts. Please let me know if you make the antipas.......I mean........Giardiniera and how it turned out. I like to throw in some Franks Red Hot Gravy......I mean......Sauce and Wocherstershire Sauce....I mean gravy.......NO Sauce!! Sauce, gravy, sauce, gravy!!!

2 lbs. cauliflower
3 x 375ml bottles pickled onions
8 Cups Dill Pickles
5 x 14oz tins of green beans
5 x 14oz tins of yellow beans
2 lbs Red Peppers
2 lbs Green Peppers
1 can stuffed green olives
1 can pitted black olives
5 tins sliced mushrooms
2 tins tuna
1 tin anchovies
5 1/2 Cups Ketchup
1 1/2 Vinegar
1 1/2 Cup of Oil
Finely chop up all the ingrediants that require chopping. Mix everything but the oil. Bring to a boil, simmer 15 minutes, put into jars and process 15 minutes

I am and thought about taking a day off of work to boot!! LOL!

Back