Anyone else getting tired of JJ and Paige?

Daysdegrassi

Reaction score
I used to think they were cute, but now they are annoying me. It seems everyday JJ has to be reminded of his past, and Paige always gets insecure about it, even though she has reassured him she knows he changed. I'm beginning to agree with Rory that JJ should find someone else. Paige needs to decide whether or not she trusts JJ instead of always changing her mind. It is getting old.

Face it, it is the writers. Paige and Jordan are on contract.
Meaning they get paid (whatever their contract states) no matter what.
Recurring is getting paid only for episodes in which you appear. So...when the credits roll, John Aniston (Victor) is listed first, always, in the recurring. Anyone listed after him is recurring. Before him is contract.
And yes, Caroline, Roman are contract. LOL. But their contracts may stipulate {once a week, or 3 times a month" or something to that effect.

Face it, it is the writers. Paige and Jordan are on contract.
Meaning they get paid (whatever their contract states) no matter what.
Recurring is getting paid only for episodes in which you appear. So...when the credits roll, John Aniston (Victor) is listed first, always, in the recurring. Anyone listed after him is recurring. Before him is contract.
And yes, Caroline, Roman are contract. LOL. But their contracts may stipulate {once a week, or 3 times a month" or something to that effect.

Ok, then my next question would be why are those 2 on contract????????:confused:

Good question. My guess....someone evidently thought, at the time, it was a good idea. Who knows if they are still with the show. LOL.
I do know that Jordan's storyline was changed, thus....backburner, and snoozeville from day l. And Paige.....I believe it is the actress's first job.....but Days had not "teen scene" in which to insert the "kids".......so, another snoozefest.

The writers do not seem to be able to write "good girl" characters anymore. They are either judgmental and sanctimonious like Jennifer and Abigail, or boring and blah like Paige and Jordan. It seems that the writers prefer writing for their bad girls more like Theresa, Eve, Kristen, and Sami. as they seem to get the more interesting stories.

Hope and Kayla are examples of good women that were both interesting and good years ago. Unfortunately, Kayla is barely on screen now, and Hope, when she is on-screen, can at times come across as judgmental, although she is not as bad as Jennifer and Abigail.

I was far over JJ and Paige a long time ago. They should have just kept them as a summer romance even though they lacked anything of interest and sent Paige off to Stanford.

It's just stupid that Paige gave up on Stanford so easily and for such a weak excuse. She didn't have her mom around for most of her last year of high school so she should be ready to go off to college.

As far as tptb not being able to write a good girl anymore I think they are writing the whole Horton/Deveraux clan as smug, judgmental, sanctimonious snobs who think they are better than everyone else and that includes JJ.

I have to agree with SarahBeth here, the fact that Paige is now not going to Stanford is insane. She is going to stick around in Salem and do what exactly? Pretend to work like everyone else? It's obvious JJ is going nowhere in life but to drag Paige down with him is really stupid and poor writing.

As soon as the first mention was made by her about going to Stanford way back when, I always wondered how they were going to make that happen and now we have our answer. I personally think her and JJ make a bad couple, I'm sick to death of seeing her get a attitude and mad any time a reference to his shady past is made; either break up and be done with it or loosen up, Either way, I really don't care and FF through all their scenes anyway.

I agree that this business of not going to Stanford is silly, even if it is only deferred for a year. But I'm really confused about this idea that JJ isn't going anywhere in life. Besides the fact that he's turned his life around is sensitive, family oriented, a good student now that he's applied himself... certainly not the loser Rory and Mary Beth like to make him out to be.

He's got good instincts and investigative skills--I think he should have an internship with Nicole (although that would require some better writing), is intelligent and resourceful and could easily follow in his father's footsteps as an investigative reporter.

Plus he has a large amount of musical talent, which doesn't necessarily mean living in poverty while trying to make it in a band. Skilled guitar teachers are in high demand, after all.

If anything, Paige is dragging him down, not the other way around, with her constantly worrying about his past then reassuring him she doesn't care about it.

I still think they're a cute couple, though, or at least have a lot of potential. I just wish they would get rid of this new generation of buttinskis trying to convince Paige that JJ is the opposite of who he is and move on to something else.

:clap::clap:
I agree HM. Heartdays and I have the same opinion besides JJ dragging her down and going nowhere. I feel like Paige is the one who is regressing (to going to Stanford). Even more ridiculous is this: she stayed to support her mom with the trial, but a day later and everything is done. Maybe now she can call the people back and go to Stanford? Is that Eve's plan?

I created a similar post on this a couple of days ago, I think JJ should dump her, she is so stupid. Every time Mommy Dearest or mean girl Mary Beth trash JJ, she gets that dumb look on her face like "maybe they are right." Then she thinks they are wrong but keeps doing it over and over again.

She's a kid!! She's had no mother around to learn from much of her life and even if she did....we can see what she would have learned!! She's book smart and that doesn't automagically mean she's got common sense. Her experience with men, other than to see what her mother did with them and/or got from them is slim to none..and she's trying to steer clear from learning from Eve as she really doesn't approve, but that's her mother and she tries.

So, now she's got a boy friend and they were almost caught "in the moment" on his mother's couch one time... she tries so hard to make everyone happy and still has a lot to learn of men, the world and how it spins.

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bored by them!! I did like them for 3-4 days about seven weeks ago - can't remember why though.

I'd like to see MaryBeth go psycho or get off the pot. And I really hope Paige goes to Stanford at least in January. This is just dumb!!

I feel the same way about Paige that I feel about Jordan -- enough already with the wide-eyed innocent whose feelings are so hurt (insert sad violin music). I want to scream, "If you want decency, move! Don't you know you live in Salem?" But seriously, Paige's routine is wearing thin. She's lucky JJ is so desperate to prove he's a better person by dating her.

Back