Arleen Sorkin (Calliope) died

Always liked Calliope, was sorry when she was gone, hoped she would be back sometime. (Admittedly, was only watching sporadically back then). No idea about Batman or Harley Quinn......but she was too young yet to have left us. May she rest in peace, she made a lot of folks happy while she was here. God Bless.

I am trying to get this confirmed by someone at DC. It's a little weird none of her friends are posting. Some well-known voice actors are posting, but they are just basing this on that one tweet, which I also sourced. The only update I have is that the guy who tweeted it is not a well-known voice actor. If I can't get more confirmation in the next half hour or so, I am pulling it.

I can't get any additional confirmation, so since I don't feel comfortable, I am pulling it for now. I am checking directly with someone at DC Comics, who is checking with many other DC employees, and so far no one there can confirm her death. So, let's keep hoping for the best outcome and hope this was a hoax. This being a Saturday night, unfortunately no one is at the office. I did ask if they have Arleen's agent's name on file and to contact her agent, but that probably can't be done until Monday.

Last edited:
James Gunn, one on the co-heads of DC Studios confirmed Arleen's passing.

DC co-head James Gunn shared the news with a post on Instagram dedicated to the memory of Sorkin.

I've posted this before, but back in the 80s, you could buy Calliope style earrings through mail order. This was in Soap Opera Digest. I bought the Days jewelry box and several pair of the earrings. Each order came with a free pin that had Calliope's face on it. I still have the jewelry box, earrings and pin.

8f93e086d458fd57e548bcd3c79631f9.jpg

Back