SPOILER !! Audition for October role sheds light on possible storyline

It is kind of interesting that people can be fired and sued and are still wiling to come back! Does the show make it worth their while? Is that so common place in "Hollywood" that actors and executives just don't generally hold grudges? I know we don't hear the complete stories, but still, interesting!

From the audition tape, this isn't EJ, just someone who thinks he's Elvis Presley.

But separately, Camila Banus (Gabi) said something about another actor who brings Will back to Salem. Hoping against hope it isn't EJ.

It is kind of interesting that people can be fired and sued and are still wiling to come back! Does the show make it worth their while? Is that so common place in "Hollywood" that actors and executives just don't generally hold grudges? I know we don't hear the complete stories, but still, interesting!
I don't think it's as much about grudges because the community for these kinds of shows is small, and everyone knows everyone else. Besides that, there is fan outcry that needs to be addressed as well - if you recast someone who is a tentpole character, people will revolt.

Think about it - who else could be Sami Brady? Or Marlena? Or John Black? What would happen if you recast Hope, or Justin, or Victor? We've already said that no one should ever be recast as Stefano, and rightly so. Some roles are just owned by their actors because of the way they do them. I can't imagine anyone else portraying Jennifer, and we saw what happened when they recast Bo (No offense to Robert Kelker-Kelly, but that role was Peter Reckell's through and through)

The thing is, actors need work.......and for 1000 acting jobs, there are more than 10,000 actors available. Many very good, very qualified actors are forced to seek different kinds of employment at times. Bryan Dattilo (Lucas) does construction work, Judi Evans (Adrienne) works for a funeral home, Kristian Alfonso (Hope) sells a line of jewelry, Several of the actors are part of bands or have musical gigs, singing or playing. Some do a lot of stage plays/musicals (Matt Ashford -Jack; Kyle Lowder - Brady Black; James Reynolds - Abe; ) Some also make B movies on the side. :)

Look at back in the day, Deidre Hall (Marlena) and Wesley Eure (teenage Mike Horton) both also starred on Saturday morning kiddie shows, in addition to being on Days.
Electra Woman!

As a kid, 'Land of the Lost', was one of my favorite shows. I lived for Saturday mornings back in the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know what an actor earns on average for soap operas? Just curious.

Reactions: YPG
IF Steano returns in the form of another character, my speculation is it would be due to Dr. Rolf putting the mind of Stefano in another body.

Or, it really could be EJ who believes he is the real Elvis, and he is by name.

Who knows? I'm just glad I am unable to predict every storyline and enjoying what's to come. Sami or no Sami. Will or no Will. Writing is better these days.

Back