Bad Ratings

Yes, and slow down the shooting to one a day. I have seen a few actors talk of having shot THREE shows IN ONE DAY. That is ridiculous! Sure, that particular actor shot scenes from 3 shows which is why we see them in the same clothes several days in a row. Others that day may have only shot for one show. And so go ahead and figure why, on some shows, the editing seems jumpy, 10 second scenes, etc.
Last year it amazed me when the show shut down for a whole month, and yet was soon even further ahead in the filming. They used to be 3 months......then 4. It went to 5 months after that shut down, and now is 6 month ahead. Asinine.

Here is a laugh. I have seen some pics, in real life, of Days actors out in winter weather. They are back home, or on vacation or something, wearing parkas, scarves, mittens, long pants, snow boots, etc. And yet, that wonderful city of Salem still has it's citizens in sleeveless, low cut, lite jacket (if a jacket at all), open jackets, no layered clothing, LOL. Ahhh, living in that domed city, protected from nasty weather (remember, never rains, thunderstorms, or is even windy there) handy money tree, invisible elves to decorate homes for a season, and take down decorations as well, cleaning and laundry all done quietly, efficiently, with no one even mentioning it. Dishes get washed, meals cooked, sheets are changed, bathrooms cleaned, never a faucet leak, no car runs out of gas, and all purchased cellphones are programmed with the city telephone directory. what a paradise. Best of all, NO taxes. LOL

But they can't shoot just 3 days.....union contracts won't let them. Oh, sure, if they get paid anyway, probably is possible. (I already inquired about this). They truly have to begin filming just one show, or one half show a day. Heck, Freddie Smith, in a recent interview, said, when he was in that coma in the hospital, they had 14 hr. days. (he plays Sonny)

The biggest detriment to the show right now is the ridiculous filming schedule. I'm sorry but filming 6 months in advance is absurd and can't be saving more money than when they were 3 months ahead so that excuse doesn't fly with me. They certainly are not going to can stuff that's already been taped but I think they could gradually get back to 3 months. They need to add some more dark weeks or do another month off again. Then at the very least go back to taping one episode per day if not maybe only 3-4 per week for awhile until they get it back to 3 months.

I'm not sure what B&B is, but both GH and Y&R are only about 4-6 weeks ahead in filming. You can kinda tell as you're watching the show when something sort of takes an abrupt turn and you wonder if a storyline change was made due to fan reaction or just TPTB didn't like what they were seeing onscreen. I don't think the show should cater to every fan whim but good grief it's going to be another 6-7 months before we see changes at Days when, if they had a normal schedule we might have seen improvement by next month! We haven't even sniffed spring yet and by the time the new writers material hits the screen it will be fall. That's atrocious.

I sometimes check out the posts/comments on Days Facebook account. I have to laugh when they ask how we feel about a certain story or character/couple or whose side are you on or something. Lol. As if it matters what public opinion on social media is for something happening on air when whatever is being filmed currently has nothing to do with what is on air now.

AMEN.gif

The Days twitter account is particularly ridiculous. I follow it just to see the snark that gets posted in response to their postings, such as "How much do you love Brelanie (Brady/Melanie - yes, the show twitter uses combo names and that's the only reason I used on here - don't hit me!!)???" with responses like, "I'd rather lick a cactus than see these two together." (And not just from me, either.)

I'm not even sure they WOULD do anything about it if they could - but now, it's not even an option.

I'm not sure what B&B is, but both GH and Y&R are only about 4-6 weeks ahead in filming. You can kinda tell as you're watching the show when something sort of takes an abrupt turn and you wonder if a storyline change was made due to fan reaction or just TPTB didn't like what they were seeing onscreen.
Like Y&R, B&B is only 4-6 weeks ahead in their taping schedule, too. As you said, on Y&R and B&B, you can literally see storylines being changed without any buildup. They've even gone as far as releasing spoilers that never ended up happening because storylines were abruptly changed.

Back