Belle/Mimi/Shawn

bellac09

Reaction score
Am I the only one that misses those three? They were amazing actors and I wish all the time that Shawn and Belle were back. Shawn was hot. (Still is. I saw him on B&B a while back. Mmm.) But I liked the storyline on the island where Philip thought Claire was his and followed Shawn and Belle to the island. Shawn and Philip were so convincing as rivals.

Anywho, tell me what yall think. :)

For true fans of Belle and Shawn, it would be best for them to stay offscreen on Days. If and when they come back, tptb will definitely cause trouble for them. I did love all of them- the last blast teen crew is what got me hooked on Days in the first place. This current teen scene has nothing on them.
The only Belle I loved was Kirsten Storms who is amazing as Maxie on General Hospital. I don't watch that show, but I do watch her clips online and occasionally tune in to see her. (She has gotten so thin- a la Hope.) Farah Fath's Mimi ran its course and she appears to be doing fine on One Life to Live where they are giving her more storyline than Days ever did plus she actually fell for one of her co-stars in real life. Jason Cook is on General Hospital, but I haven't really seen him. Brandon Beemer and Kyle Lowder are on Bold and the Beautiful (I don't watch any CBS soaps). I'm sure Nadia would love it if her boyfriend (Brandon B.) came back to Days. The only thing is I think they will break the two of them up (Belle and Shawn) like they did Brady and Chloe if they were to return. :(
I liked Phil and Shawn better as friends than foes. The whole Belle/ Philip story weakened Philip. I like him better not around them. JMO

I also believed they missed a possible love story between Philip and Mimi. They do share a child currently, although he (Tyler Kiriakis) is adopted and is never mentioned anymore by Philip.

Sorry Bellac, but I have to go with the original Shawn - Jason Cook. He IS Shawn D in my opinion. If you watched the show back when Chloe, Philip, Mimi, and Jan (witch w/ a capital B, think a young Kate) were all part of the teen set, you might like em too.

Now, don't get me wrong, Brandon Beemer is one hot tamale (and too young for me..) and he is a great actor. But I like Jason better.

Now. As far as the characters go, I miss the interaction between Belle and Sami. And yep we've said Sami needs her mom. But what about her sister?? I don't think Carrie would be the right one for her to lean on, but Belle would be good for Sami right now. I could harp all day why Shawn needs to be back for his parents!! He was on his mom's side with the whole Zack/Chelsea/Billie tragedy... but I wonder who's side he'd be on now?
If they wouldn't try to break them up again, I'd be all for them coming back. I'd rather have Jason Cook back, but I'd accept Brandon Beemer back if they would focus on family and not force a Philip/Belle pairing again.

If they wouldn't try to break them up again, I'd be all for them coming back. I'd rather have Jason Cook back, but I'd accept Brandon Beemer back if they would focus on family and not force a Philip/Belle pairing again.

I totally agree with that.

All of what you said is true.

Belle: If they brought back Kirsten Storms to play Belle, that would be awesome! I loved her as Belle. That one other actress who only played her for a few weeks was pretty good, too, but I can't remember her name. Martha Madison, definately not. Nothing against the actress, but I just didn't like they way Belle was portrayed when played by Madison. Admittedly, though, this probably has more to do with how the character was written.

Mimi: If she were written the right way, yes. However, if Mimi came back, I would want Rex and Cassie to come back as well.

Shawn-D: If portrayed by Jason Cook, yes. He and Kirsten Storms worked well together as Shawn-D and Belle. Brandon Beemer...not so much. Again, nothing against the actor himself, I just prefer Jason Cook in the role of Shawn-D. I'm with the viewers that say Jason Cook is the only Shawn-D and Kirsten Storms is the only Belle.

While it would be great if these three characters came back, I just hope that if and when they come back, they will be portrayed the right way.

I would love that, especially if Jason Cook, Kirsten Storms, and Farah Fath came back. :)

All are on other soaps.......and one never knows about recasts. Some work, some not. Julie Pinson was a recast for Billie and was absolutely fabulous, and as much as I liked Kyle Lowder as Brady Black, Eric Martsolf has made a fantastic Brady. So one never knows if a recast will "take" or not. I did not like either recasts for Belle & Shawn, but one never knows if other actors might make us fall in love with them again. Matt Ashford was the 3rd actor to portray Jack Deveraux.....and I honestly would hate to see anyone else now in the role.....that is how well he did at making the character his own.

that teen set was what made me tune into Days. However much I do miss them (the original actors and characters) with the way the powers that be are doing to couples at the moment as a big shawn and belle fan I don't want them to come back. However I do hope they are mentioned given the upcoming death of Shawn's great uncle Mickey.

~Ana

Back