Ben's return

dayzfan4life

Reaction score
So we now have Ben Weston back on the screen. At first I had mixed thoughts about this, but in the few days he has been back the storyline, I am warming up to the idea. First and foremost, Ben did some horrible things and took lives that can never (or maybe never) come back. However, per his doctors, he has been cured of those things in this make believe world of Salem. So with that said, here are a few thoughts on his interactions so far.

Will/Ben - Ok Ben, I see why you wanted to see Will first and try to make amends, but do you think showing up at his door was the right idea? Maybe work on a meeting though Marlena so that Will could feel safe and not freaked out. I thought Will handled it very well though.

Ben/Chad - Chad DiMera, are you freaking kidding me? Let me get this straight, we are supposed to FORGIVE all of your wife's crimes while she was "another personality" and let her walk free, however Ben should never see the light of day? Also remember Gabi?? She is still sitting in prison due to your wife's lies and perjury. Maybe we should take Abby to the edge of town and hand her a wad of cash and tell her to GET LOST!

UGH! I am so sick of her getting free passes for everything! She has slept her way through the DiMera stable, yet Chad still follows her around like a sick puppy. EWWWW! I understand they were 2 different types of crimes and Ben had a lot more victims, but he also had pre-existing mental conditions just like Abigail, but we are supposed to forgive her and hang him?!?!?!

Ben/Ciara - If this were a slowly developed relationship, I could buy into it. The 2 actors seem like they would be a good couple and a lot like super-couples of the past. Bad boy Steve tamed by Kayla, Bo and Hope, John/Marlena etc. Now I know we are a LOOOOONNNNNG way off from that, but it could happen. I certainly don't want Tripp with Claire, but I don't exactly LOVE him with Ciara either. Maybe he can hook up with Theresa or someone new.

These are just my thoughts for now. I certainly hope there are no plans to bring back Clyde or Jordan, but I can accept Ben back to Salem.

Just my thoughts! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd actually like to see Jordan come back to town, if for no reason other than to bring unrelated blood into the city.

But then I'd also like Kate to go on vacation for a couple of months. Disappear off my screen. Let others take her place in stories she really has no reasonable part in.

Ben/Ciara - If this were a slowly developed relationship, I could buy into it. The 2 actors seem like they would be a good couple and a lot like super-couples of the past. Bad boy Steve tamed by Kayla, Bo and Hope, John/Marlena etc. Now I know we are a LOOOOONNNNNG way off from that, but it could happen. I certainly don't want Tripp with Claire, but I don't exactly LOVE him with Ciara either. Maybe he can hook up with Theresa or someone new.

I really have to take serious issue with comparing Steve with Ben for one simple reason. Ben isn't a "rebel with a cause" like Steve was. He is a serial killer and kidnapper. The bottom line is simply this, Steven Earl "Patch" Johnson was never a serial killer, period.

One other item of note......It was Ben who caused Abby's first mental breakdown. Now maybe Abby would have done so later, over something completely different, or even minor. But the fact is, it was Ben, what he did (kidnapping her, keeping her chained up, even when she went into labor. Then he gets a midwife to help, but kills the midwife after. And then.....when Chad shows up, Ben takes the baby, and sets fire to the bed to which Chad & Abby are chained. Abby broke then.

Not pinning any roses on anyone......but Chad had good reason to go after Ben. I do agree that so far, his wife has had another mental breakdown, and people have been hurt. So yes, if people are going to accept Abby back as well again, Chad should accept that Ben is seemingly well again, too.

But Ben has been told by Marlena herself that he will be resented and not befriended at all.

Well if we really want to get down to brass tacks, Chad's harassment of Ben is what led him down the path of destruction. I'm so over Chad and Gabby/Abby that I wouldn't mind if we find out Chad and/or André brainwashed Ben into being the killer. (Like it could have been Chad's idea, and André brainwashed him to do it and then frame Chad.) It would make a lot of story sense.

Doesn't to me.....Why would Chad want Paige, Serena, Will dead?

Personally, I think the writers recognized how good the actor was, but also how much the fans like his portrayal. And with losing favs as they are, figured they had to find some way to bring Ben back without him terrorizing the town, or killing more residents. Someone intriguing. Reminds me when the Salem Stalker was killing off major, major characters, and the show said, what the heck are you doing? Bring them back, don't care how, bring them all back.

I think the actor that plays Ben is really good so I hope the do something good with him. It always drove me crazy how the Ben/Abby/Chad stuff went down. She was dating Ben and he suspected she was cheating with Chad. He was correct but of course Abby just acted like he was crazy to doubt her. Then off course he went off the rails after that.

They were playing him as a bad guy for questioning her which I could never figure out. Would have made more sense if she wasn't cheating but his suspicions got the best of him and set him off.

They played him for a bad guy because he did it so well. That undertone was there, even tho he was the injured party, and he could make you draw back a bit. Even when smiling, joking round, the menace was there. Rare quality in an actor.

If I am not mistaken, Ben had a stash of ties in a suitcase.....and there was something about killings in FL with a tie...that is where Ben was before Salem

I'm not sure about either scenario but I'm loving Ben or at least Robert Scott Wilson. He is actually making me feel some sympathy for him. He has a horrible upbringing which could explain his mental and emotional problems. He's working on me as well as Xander is. Again the actor Paul Telfer (Xander) makes me want to root for him just like Robert Scott Wilson does for me with Ben. Guess I still like the bad guys hoping there is a good guy inside all the hurt.

But, was Clyde suspected, or even convicted of killing someone? I don't remember. If so, was Ben a witness to such a crime at a young age? Thus, though not excusing,explaining a little his mental illness?

It's been a while, but I seem to remember that Clyde used to beat the snot out Jordan and Ben's mother (in addition to raping Jordan). She died in a car accident and was pregnant at the time. (many thought their mom was Japanese, and Paul was their little brother and maybe she had faked her death, but obviously that's not how it turned out) After their mom died, Jordan took Ben and they went on the run. Her real name was Tammy Sue and Ben's was Ollie.

Clyde was guilty of a murder in Florida, and actually Roman was given evidence to that effect collected by Aiden, who was Clyde's atty. Clyde was extradited to Florida, sentenced to life in prison with no possibility of parole.

Back