Brandon Beemer (Shawn D.)

lovin_days_always

Reaction score
I thought Brandon Beemer (Shawn D.) did a wonderful job. I was unsure of the cast change back to Brandon, however, was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed his scenes with Claire today. He actually acted like he cared about her life, feelings, and accomplishments (Julliard), more than we have seen from Belle, who apparently wants her to stay in Salem with her but can't be bothered enough to care about anything involving Claire, I am very disappointed in the direction they have taken Belle in so far.

All true, but another Salem male who doesn't own a razor. Sorry, it just makes them look unshowered, unclean, as though they just rolled out of bed. It evidently is a big fad out in CA.
I am of the......either grow the beard, or shave.....no inbetween garbage...state of mind.

I think partially the facial hair on Shawn's character is to make him appear older. To me, Belle and Shawn are too young still to have a 15 year old daughter. So naturally facial hair would age a character too look more like acceptable.

Brandon Beemer (Shawn) did great though. He just casually glided into his role. And was easy to accept since he has played this role before. So was glad we at least got Brandon Beemer then a brand new Shawn.

All true, but another Salem male who doesn't own a razor. Sorry, it just makes them look unshowered, unclean, as though they just rolled out of bed. It evidently is a big fad out in CA.
I am of the......either grow the beard, or shave.....no inbetween garbage...state of mind.
It's a big fad everywhere now, not just in CA. For the record, I don't like it either!

LOL, well, for the record I never see it up here in the boondocks, but I was down in Chicago area last fall, in various huge malls, different restaurants, gas stations, banks, (driving a friend to places) supermarkets, etc. and never saw ANY guy looking like that. I would guess guys like the idea of not shaving every day, LOL.

Living in CA for my entire life, more years than I care to mention, I beg to differ. Our son was clean shaven until he moved to New York. There when it is freezing, he frequently lets his beard come in. It also appears to be a fashion statement in the last several years in many places.

Oh...And I think Brandon Beemer (Shawn) is doing a great job of jumping back into the role!

I was also pleasantly surprised by Brandon Beemer's (Shawn) performance so far. No offense to the actor, but he wasn't my favorite Shawn when he was in Salem last time around. Maybe it was the acting, or maybe it was the writing. I've always liked Jason Cook in the role better. But, so far, Brandon Beemer seems much more comfortable on screen to me. I think I read here where someone said his acting has improved over the years, and right now, I would tend to agree. Again, no offense to the actor - only positive intentions and observations!

When I first started watching Days, Shawn (who was then involved with Willow Stark) was played by Brandon Beemer, so to me he is the "real" Shawn. He had the role when: Philip went to court to get custody of Claire, he and Belle fled to Canada with the help of Steve, took his family on an unlikely mid-winter cruise from Toronto to the South Pacific, hid with his family from Philip on Tinda Lau, and then suffered the apparent tragic loss of Claire during a typhoon. With this backstory, Brandon Beemer was the apt choice to admonish the over-heated Belle for carrying on with Philip "of all people." Of all people indeed. By carrying on with Shaggy Phil, Belle is not only betraying Shawn, but all those who supported her and her husband during their battle to keep the Kiriakis family from taking Claire.

I personally liked Jason Cook better than Brandon Beemer as Shawn. He will always be the real Shawn D to me. I thought the Brandon Beemer version was too whiny. I think Jason Cook is hunky! Of course, I do not get to see DAYS any more so have to go by my prior experience with the actors.

:OT: I'm a fan of the scruff look and can look nice when sculpted.

Scruff on a cute guy is always hot lol!

Yes but on subject I have to agree compared to 2008 to now in 2016 Brandon Beemer has increased his acting skills a lot. You can easily accept him in as Shawn. Maybe partially because he played the role most recently his last time in Salem before Jason Cook was briefly on.

Shawn at least seems like a good father, though looks like Belle may need to see her mother Marlena for some sessions. Perhaps Belle is a sex addict or in some sort of mid life crisis.

Philip and Belle deserve each other. Sleazy and nasty both of them, perfect couple. Shawn deserves someone better....I would say Chloe, but both actors are exs in real life. Lani and Shawn might be interesting couple, especially considering Hope may end up getting in trouble.

Back