Bugging Stefano

Good point - criminals with means (like Stefano) usually have someone on payroll who will periodically sweep for bugs (probably just in case the FBI was able to get a warrant for wiretapping or recording). In his position, it would be crazy to discuss his businesses (especially the illegal ones) unless he was sure he was safe from technological listening/taping devices.

Wow! I was sidetracked for a bit with visiting grandbabies so with all that excitement I missed the whole bug-planting episode. Was it placed in Stefano's or Victor's mansion or both?

I think the stefano from a few years ago would have known but this one didn't even know that Sami had taken his grand kids to Hollywood so he probably just wanted to test Victors security. Chad should bug some of Stefanos suits

That reminds me of an old Sidney Sheldon book called If Tomorrow Comes (it was also a mini-series). The main character, Tracy, is a jewel/art/antique thief. She ends up falling in love and working with her main "competitor" (a man named Jeff). They are planning a huge heist in a foreign country (France, I think). The police have their hotel room bugged. For weeks, the police are getting all the scoop on this big heist. Come the day of the heist, the police are all in place, ready to arrest Tracy and Jeff, but they are nowhere to be found.

Turns out, Tracy and Jeff knew of the bug and were giving details of fake plans. While all of the cops were camped out waiting for the fake heist, Tracy and Jeff were doing their real heist, miles away.

Bugging the DiMansion is one of those ideas that seems like a no-brainer, but Salem reality makes it a non-starter. If memory serves, Nicole once lurked in a room adjoining the DiMansion living room and got a recording, but it led nowhere. Then there was the time that that great sleuth Sami attempted to put a bug in a flower vase only to have it fall into the water. Similarly, how many times has the Salem P.D. charged into the DiMansion with a search warrant only to find absolutely nothing. The bottom line is that Clyde appears to be unaware of the invincibility of the mighty Phoenix and seems on his way to a final, fatal lesson in why messing with Stefano is always a bad idea. Clyde would be well advised to recall the line in an old Jim Croce song and then mentally substitute "Stefano" for "Jim": "You don't tug on Superman's cape. You don't spit into the wind. You don't pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger. And you don't mess around with Jim."

Well, of all the places to put it, right on the chess table where Stefano sits all the time. lol. Clyde probably doesn't realize how much chess Stefano plays.....even with himself.

If he does know, that may be why Stefano is meeting with Victor outside the Dimera mansion. If they have a chess match in the Dimera living room (office, breakfast nook, study, music room, boudoir, or whatever the purpose of the set is for the day), then I would expect they're discussing some faux business arrangement that sets Clyde up to take the fall (or to meet Xander in a dark alley).

Back