Bye-bye, Eric - don't let the door hit ya

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahBeth

Reaction score
It's no secret that I won't miss Eric a bit. But what a weak story to write him off the show. The only way that I could conceive of him and Nicole still married is if in a month or so or completely recast him. Otherwise just kill him off in Africa. This is just dumb.

I will miss Eric, I understand there are a lot of folks who won't. I agree with the actor that getting paid to be a potted plant in a room isn't entertaining to anyone, so I applaud his decision to leave and find something else to do with his talents.

And I agree 100% with you SarahBeth this was the dumbest way to write a newlywed off the show.

Eric is an important character to the show but I think killing him off would be pointless. As much as I get why the actor left the show I think we will see him back, if not, there should be a recast with another actor.

Yes, I am sorry to see him leave, too bad this headwriter did not seem able to write something decent for such a wonderful actor. Having seen him in other shows, he definitely has the talent, the ability. Robin's reference to being a "potted plant" in a scene hits the nail on the head.

I, too, will miss Eric, but I understand the actor's decision. The character of Eric should have been leading stories. His sister Sami and stepbrother Brady always had lead stories over the years. Why did the writers shaft the character of Eric so much?

I don't think this story was any lamer than the Hernandi exit. Or worse than spending the limited budget on a big wedding for Ciara and Ben, only to have Ciara kidnapped (again) and disappear. It seems like the actor was pretty adamant about not coming back, so I am guessing we will see Nicole on the phone with him or starting every conversation with, "Eric called and said hello to everyone." I am curious to see if they find something for the character to do that will require a recast.

Let Nicole get a phone call saying the village was raided and he was killed.

SarahBeth - I think you may be too invested in this show. Why would you wish grief and heartache on so many characters because you don't like the way the writers have written one of them? Now I agree this was one of the stupidest exits I have ever seen. But wow! Maybe take a step back?

No not too invested in the show. But sometimes a character does something so bad that you can't root for them any longer. Eric showed what a disgusting person he is when he decided that Nicole was his rapist and then proceeded to verbally abuse her over and over and over. He truly believed that she was capable of raping him. So I wish no good for him and wouldn't mind it all if he got killed off and somehow Daniel got the Dr. Rolf treatment and was brought back. Daniel truly loved Nicole.

There really aren't that many characters that haven't done something wrong directly or indirectly and of their own volition or not. Wouldn't be much of a soap opera without good people doing bad things and bad people doing bad things.

Have always liked Eric, and agree, a shame such lousy writing. Daniel also accused Nicole of things she did not do.......that is soap writing. Eric soon learned who it was who raped him, after all, Kristen filmed it! Why should Nicole be so hated for that, but not Kristen? Eric was a PRIEST at the time!

Eric & Nicole have loved each other forever, and I do not blame the actor for deciding that if Eric was going to be relegated to a silent room decoration, better he leave. I truly hope if Greg Vaughan (Eric) won't return, the character is recast, returns, & gets story up to the potential he should have.

There really aren't that many characters that haven't done something wrong directly or indirectly and of their own volition or not. Wouldn't be much of a soap opera without good people doing bad things and bad people doing bad things.
For me, Eric's crap back then was up there with Sami having hate boink grief sex with her rapist. Contrary to what it may seem in this thread, I don't root for Sami anymore because she was ruined by that storyline. I just think it's baloney to blame Sami for Allie's grown adult choices while playing the blame game instead of taking responsibility for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back