Carrying Thomas

SalemPDiots

Reaction score
OMG, will somebody buy Thomas a baby seat, a pack-n-play, a swing, a bumble seat, something for Godsakes! All we see is Abigail either holding him, or carting him around in his car seat! I think these people have enough money. Every day, I see this and it's just ridiculous! These writers are idiots.:eek::confused:

For some reason, babies on Days just don't have those things. Heck, not even a high chair. It is how we always saw Arianna as a baby, even now they are alwys holding her. Tate, same thing.
I really would like to see those items, even if the little ones are not in them.

Isn't Thomas 5 or 6 mos. old?

With the "one take rule" it's easier to keep "control" over babies/toddlers by holding them or putting them in baby seats/strollers. Or just pretending they are in bassinets/cribs by shooting them at an angle and/or having them draped with blankets. Whenever there is a crib or pack-n-play, there's almost always a blanket draped over the side facing the camera.

I saw a pic of a scene one time, an actor had the toddler by the hand and was way back off the set...but the floor was covered with cables, everywhere. So....it is understandable why babies/toddlers have to be held all the time, although we do see them at times in a buggy or stroller.

I just wish when the real child isn't in a scene that used a doll that was life like. They do sell them. I see them advertised in magazines all the time. The doll they use looks like a log rolled in a baby blanket!

That's been my complaint for years, too. They definitely sell life-like baby dolls that not only look real, but have jointed arms/legs/head and are also weighted like a real baby. There have been instances where these dolls have been left in cars and people called police, believing real babies were locked in hot vehicles.

Like you said, they use cheap baby dolls that are stiff as a board and way too small to be the actual baby. It looks ridiculous.

They might try putting him down to stop him from crying. :wink: Poor kid is tired of being held. No wonder he won't stop crying.

I'd prefer them to use a reborn doll too. I know they use them for primetime, there's special effects people on instagram who have posted their work and said which show.

If you are going to use a rolled up towel, can you at least shape it a bit? I mean, pad out a romper or something to get the size right, then bundle it in a blanket.

DaysLady, my oldest waited, much like your youngest, until she was about 9 months to get her first too. In the next week and a half, she got in three more. My youngest followed the normal tooth schedule - 1st one at 6 months, 6 by 1 year.

My boys both got their first tooth around 7 months. But my daughter didn't cut her first tooth until after her 1st birthday.

I do recall Ari having a high chair in the apartment buy don't recall if I ever saw her in it.

Using a weighted, real looking baby would be so much better. When it's a light doll people whip it around and it's so obvious that it's a fake. It also bugs me when they hold or drink out of empty coffee cups (paper ones). You can tell by the way they swing them around that there is no weight to them. For some reason it has always bothered me, why can't they put water in the cups?!

Back