Casting role for character

I wonder if Abigail ends up kidnapped by Ben for a number of months in which she comes back on canvas after being rescued and recast as a different actress. Now that can work!

So how long with Abigail be off screen between actors (roughly)? I assumed she'd already been recast and they were keeping it quiet, but I guess not.

I thought it said taping would begin April 4??? Makes no mind. From what I read, presently Abby will be seen until May. If a recast starts filming in April, and won't be appearing til several months later, (remember Days will not be shown for 2 weeks in August) then it would seem that the character of Abby will not be on screen for 2-3 months at least. I would say the decision to recast was delayed quite a bit, as they have known for a long time that Kate Mansi was leaving.

So.....unless the recast tapes scenes to be inserted here and there during the summer, Abby will not be around, and we won't know why.

I liked Kate Mansi (Abby) and her chemistry with Billy Flynn (Chad), but I'm glad they're recasting. Their storyline is my favorite. I just hope the recast goes well!

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course they were going to recast Abigail. Much going on with this character. Abigail has a long shelf life on this show for Days moving forward. ShaSha

Back