Chad and Ben

Sonny checked the register and the books and found nothing missing. What else was he supposed to do?

He still should have been suspicious because it is just not normal for a bartender to have that much money is 100's on him at work. It suggests that something is up that is not on the up and up. Like Chad was asking Ben if he was running some sort of side business in the club. That happens alot in the real world. Businesses have employees running side businesses or dealing drugs which can harm if not completely destroy the business.

At the least Sonny should have told Ben that since he could not/would not explain it, he does implicate himself in being involved in something and to never be involved in whatever that is on the premises again or he would be fired.

And guess what Ben is involved in something nefarious. He's involved in a payoff from what has said by Jordan and Clyde to be stolen money. Sonny's first order of business is to protect the business.

Ben was not "easily" baited into a fight. He was purposely baited.

Chad was rightfully suspicious (refer to my last post for reasons). He saw something that wasn't right and questioned Ben about it. Ben copped an attitude with someone who had been confirmed as an owner of the business and Chad seized the opportunity to bait him. Was Ben purposely baited? Yes. And it was all too easily done. Ben showed Chad how easy it would be to get him going and Chad pushed the button. For Ben's outburst he could have been fired right then but Chad is smarter than that.

Jordan has been protecting Ben since he was underage, now he is protective of her. I don't think Ben knows the whole story of Poplar Bluff, but Clyde has something other than the money over Jordan's head. I'm guessing Clyde forced Jordan into prostitution or something shameful like that. Ben knows Jordan was hurt in some way and doesn't want other women hurt, either. I like that protectiveness about Ben.

That money was Jordan's. Money she had saved while working. Money she gave to Clyde to bribe him to return to Missouri.

The money she took when she left MO with young Ben was spent long ago.

While Sonny could have asked more questions, he had a trusted employee who had not given him any reason ever to suspect him of anything untoward, and a partner who took the profits for over a year without contributing anything towards the success of the business. Chad had no idea what was going on , yet took the money. THAT is stealing. Then he is waving it all around the Club! Give me a break. If Clyde wanted to return that money to Jordan, he should have done so, and not involved Ben in his place of employment. And Ben, when left with the money, should have put it away some where, even his pants pocket, and not left that much money just laying out in the open. The fact that it was should have told Chad that Ben had done nothing criminal, something Sonny realized.

Sorry, Chad wanted to make trouble purposely, so he did.

How did he know that perhaps the money wasn't Sonny's....to pay a band, a liquor supplier, etc. Chad had no idea at all what was going on in the business, and should not have gone there without contacting Sonny. I am not going to pin any roses on Chad or give him any kind of excuse. He was wrong. He insulted his partner by not contacting him, and publicly accused a trusted employee with no grounds or proof. But then Chad was on a roll, having already thrown his verbal darts at both EJ and Abby. He had to back done from Ben after the latter encounter, but he was out to "get" him afterwards.

I love that Ben is protective of women and Jordan and Abigail in particular. But I don't see why he has to be so quick to jump the gun. It doesn't look good for him. I agree, Sonny could have questioned him a bit more, but in his defense, he never did give him cause too.

Also I agree that Chad hasn't really been around much in the last year physically, still that doesn't mean that he doesn't know what's going on with the business. After all, we live in a world of technology and I'm sure he's smart enough to know that he needs to keep an eye on his investments.

If anything, I'm sure being around Stefano (a business man himself) has taught him that. As to the comparison to Rafe, I think that's an insult to Rafe. Rafe loses his cool at times but he's not the hot head that Ben is. :)

When Jordan and Ben first spoke of running it was inferred that she took money from Clyde as well. When she gave Clyde the money she said that is what she owed him so now that it's returned she wanted him to leave. Clyde returning it to her was him being creepy again letting them know he wasn't going anywhere.

That money couldn't be explained because the it was stolen, returned, and not being accepted by Clyde. Even so Ben refused to explain it. Chad didn't steal it. He saw something very fishy happen in his establishment and demanded an answer. Regardless of how Chad feels about Ben he was certainly right to question the situation. Any business owner worth their salt would question it.

Chad took the money from Ben, refused to return it, and that is stealing. He then accused Ben of embezzling with not one shred of proof. That is defamation of character, and slander. Too bad he doesn't sue Chad, I think Judge Judy would enjoy the case, and throw the book at Chad.
One can dislike Ben, and like Chad, but those are the FACTS of those scenes.

Chad has returned with a personality that is just slime. The actor is doing a good job of it, but Chad has definitely become a true DiMera. As unlikable as all the others.

I think Chad has good potential as a villain. But my problem is with him trying to get revenge on a girl that dumped him almost a year ago, was going to choose another man over him had it not been for his deception, and he could've returned to her after the procedure, but never did.

I can understand Chad being hurt and ripping into both Abby and EJ, but she has moved on. Why would he want back Abby after she not only was about to choose the Boring Doctor over him, but also made love with his half-brother 3 times? I'd like to see him with Theresa, or heck, anyone else for a long time.

Maybe in a few years they can put him back with Abigail, but I'm liking her with Ben now. He provides stability for her, something she needs and has been looking for. I know she isn't perfect, but part of that is because of her less-than-stable life. Maybe she got it from her dad being away for so long, or her mom's constant off-and-on again relationship with Daniel, but this girl needs something.

Abby's romantic life was also very unstable--leaving out the EJ and Austin stuff, since it is obvious, look at how Chad and her got together, and after a few months, he left her to be with her best friend? Then later, she had that on-and-off again thing with Cameron, and then the love triangle with him and Chad. Granted, she was a part of that in terms of being so indecisive, but that's all she has seemed to know and grow up with, so can't blame her too much.

I think Ben, while having a troubled past, is a good guy who cares deeply for her, and she obviously feels the same way. If Chad is going to be a villain, I don't think she needs to get back with him until he gets his act together. If he ever does.

I'm not sure that they have established Chad wanting Abby back. Right now it seems to me that his is extremely angry and upset for the way she strung him and Cameron along, losing it and breaking up with him for telling Cameron a lie that she felt was just terrible, and then jumping in the sack with his brother who is worlds worse than him. It looks like he wants a little payback or revenge and not that he wants Abby back.

Chad has returned with a personality that is just slime. The actor is doing a good job of it, but Chad has definitely become a true DiMera. As unlikable as all the others.
I hope Chad becomes a true DiMera............I kind of like them. They are the "bad boys" that keep the show interesting. I love the romantic and dramatic stories, but you just have to mix in a little bad once in a while so it doesn't get boring. :):)

I just don't want to see Chad be EJ.2 with the years of abuse and emotional torture targeted at the woman he supposedly loves like the way they had EJ going after Sami. I also don't want to see them do an EJ and Nicole thing either. Nicole was so loyal to EJ that she made sure he had his child and he tossed her out.

If Chad has to be a villain they need to give him a woman who will be loyal and accepting and make him loyal and accepting of her as well. In fact they could really give us a refreshing story by having a villain couple who are honest, loving and loyal to one another yet are villains to everyone else. A total villain power couple.

I figured out what bothers me the most about this new Chad, it's his clothes. Chad was always the casual corner and now he is EJ.2.. He looks ridiculous in it to me and it just doesn't seem to be Chad at all. They have completely changed him & I am not liking it, at least not yet.

I just don't want to see Chad be EJ.2 with the years of abuse and emotional torture targeted at the woman he supposedly loves like the way they had EJ going after Sami. I also don't want to see them do an EJ and Nicole thing either. Nicole was so loyal to EJ that she made sure he had his child and he tossed her out.

If Chad has to be a villain they need to give him a woman who will be loyal and accepting and make him loyal and accepting of her as well. In fact they could really give us a refreshing story by having a villain couple who are honest, loving and loyal to one another yet are villains to everyone else. A total villain power couple.

Stefano and Kate were a "villain power couple" and of course the writers had to mess that up.

As I said, Chad has returned with a completely new personality, and I agree with Old Soapie about needing the bad boys. (or gals) And as long as Chad is not wanting to plant the DiMera seed into the woman of his choice, he will do. Has had a good start.
Chad has an agenda, obviously. He already is in a pact with Kate, and is following some advice from Kristen on how to fool folks into not realizing what is going on.

I wanted to like Ben, I really did. But in all the scenes where they show him just standing there, perhaps a little behind the main players, he has this snide facial expression that is really getting to me. Someone needs to tell him that's not attractive and give him pointers on how to shut his face off- in a nice way. :eek: Then, of course, his personality leaves much to be desired. Rafe 3.0? I'd say more like Rafe 1.5.

Now Chad, the new Chad- He's SO different from Casey Deidrick (former Chad). He looks like the offspring of Nicolas Cage and I'm thinking "is this going to be too distracting?" Then I noted he's got the eyebrow dance of Clark Gable! But after a couple days I realized he's got this savvy thing going that fits right in with EJ's savvy thing ... the slicked back hair, the suit and the open neck white shirt, the whole Mr. Cool-I'm-A-Dimera thing. deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler forum...JS

I hope so.

I'd like to see Chad interact with Nicole, and soon.

edited to add actor's last name and character name....please remember that not everyone knows the real names of the actors who play the various characters....JS

Back