Chad/brainwashing????

ShaSha

Reaction score
Boy we haven't been down this road in sometime. :confused: Very upsetting for me with Chad be the victim of Andre the Deplorable. When is Stefano going to realize Andre is crazy and doing more harm than good?

I am hoping Abigail will read into this and do what is necessary to help Chad. Evidently in the DiMera Mansion they still have on ice, all the old items to induce whatever they want from whomever they want and the results they need. I truly dislike this scenario.

Why can't anyone be happy for just a while? Chad and Abby have been through so much and now this. No time to take a breath on this show. Just my thoughts. :eek: :rolleyes: ShaSha

I agree ShaSha. People just got over thinking the worst of Chad, that he was not the necktie killer after all. He also became a hero saving Abby & little Tom. Now, poof, people will thinking the worst of him again. Marlena doesn't even seem to doubt that he is involved with this dumb Sami story. Jennifer seems to really not like the fact that Abby & Chad could be a couple.It gets me so angry!!! Yes, why can't Chad & Abigail be happy??? Why can't Salemites finally learn that Chad is a good guy, not a evil Dimera, more like Lexie instead?

I'm so glad to see this thread. This whole storyline is just disturbing me. I got really annoyed with Marlena yesterday when she, once again, just assumed Chad was guilty. The tear rolling down his cheek during the brainwashing, got me right in the feels!

I agree 100%. I hate this storyline! I was so happy when Chad & Abby were finally together! We got 1 day of them together happy and now this. How is Chad going to romance Belle into getting the money back when her mother Marlena now thinks that he had something to do with her drugging? I doubt Belle would just willingly hand over all that money to Chad. Its ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
So., o.k. Marlena.....Chad was supposed to distract you, so Andre' could come in and chloroform you. For what reason? Nothing was taken, you were not harmed in any way, not robbed, etc.
So you honestly think that Andre' would have used such a method to see if you had info in your office as to Sami's whereabouts? Stupid, stupid, stupid, and I do think Marlena AND John are smarter than that. (which is more than one can say for the writers who created this plot with large holes)

Well, let's just hope that Abby talks to Marlena and they figure out that perhaps Chad was the victim of the attack, and not an accessory to help Andre victimize Marlena. Of course, their ultimate "why" is correct - it is about Sami and the money - they just got the "how" wrong. Would be nice to see Abby, Marlena, and John work to save Chad and trust him despite what he may say or do... but since Belle will apparently be involved, probably not.

Just when I started to like these writers they do something stupid and write ridiculous storylines. Andre brainwashing Chad, gee, never saw that before...yawn. Chad screwing with Abigail's feelings, again, yawn. And not to be crude here, but Abigail just had a baby and she's being intimate with Chad (or close to it). What?:confused:

I doubt Stefano will stop Andre this time around considering Stefano has already let Andre get away with killing two of his daughters (one directly the other indirectly) and one son. Stefano was also strong enough to perhaps stop Andre then, he is so physically weak now I serious fear even for Stefano's ultimate safety if Andre goes totally bonkers (as Andre did when he dressed as a clown and later took Hope hostage during his last stay in town).

Ok, just watching him do that was disturbing to me. I don't like it.

The other thing was Marlena looking at Chad the whole time when she was "knocked out" and at first, I mean did she not remember she was staring at him when she was grabbed. It couldn't have been Chad, Dr. Evans. Do you need to be hypnotized to remember that. :rotfl:Never thought I would say it, but poor Chad. No one even noticed he was "Robo-Chad". Clearly weird at first, before he got a little more believable after seeing Andre and Stefano and kind of snapped out of it.

I agree about the writers. I was liking them until now, as well. Stefano to me is kind of suspicious of Andre. Hopefully Stefano figures out what Andre really wants, and that is everything, no matter who he steps on to get it. Of course, that is Stefano as well. Andre is also a maniac waiting to be put in the overloaded Looney Bin of Salem. This writing reminds me of the Haven Series, where everyone in town is suffering from the troubles. :rolleyes: :beat::fan: ShaSha

Unfortunately it seems brainwashing is a staple that will stick with the Dimeras. When the Pawn was introduced and Hope returned as Gina it seemed the concept was that Stefano simply took advantage of two people with amnesia. Then by the late 90s Laura Horton's memory was erased by a laser, John and Hope suddenly had chips, Vivian's moods were controlled by a dental implant, Bo was spiked with a potion, etc. However, I will give props to Joe Mascolo (Stefano) for always trying to make the material believable. I love having Thaao Penghlis back as Andre or Tony, but hopefully this angle with Chad won't last long.

edited to add character's name and actor's last name - JS

Another plot-hole laden story to push a couple who don't need the extra push, for sure...Abby/Chad have what it takes and don't need such a stupid story as brainwashing to provide meaty material for the actors/characters.

It would be far more interesting to have Chad spending non-seductive time with Belle of his own free will, causing natural grist for his budding relationship with Abby, and it could also work against Shawn-D/Belle/Philip, out of loyalty to his family. Unless he's giving up the DiMera name, he's in that cult for life. (And he has always enjoyed the perqs of being a DiMera when it suited him.)

Furthermore, Chad was right when he said to Abby that her focus should be her SON. After all, he was born under terrible circumstances less than a (Salem) week ago and is still in the hospital!!!!! And she's prancing about town worrying about why Chad dumped her? Yeesh.

It would have been nice if the writers would have given us a little bit of time to watch Abby and Chad bond before trying to create more unneeded drama for them, or even had Chad get suspicious that the baby might be his, (like, umm, Thomas sure does resemble me). But instead, they are creating a ridiculous story that anyone who has dealt with the DiMeras or grew up hearing the stories of their misdeeds would never believe, ie Marlena, John, Jennifer, and Abby. For people who have been victims of the DiMeras as many times as the older generation has one would think that their guard would be up in regard to weird behavior and situation, but DA PLOT!

I agree ShaSha. People just got over thinking the worst of Chad, that he was not the necktie killer after all. He also became a hero saving Abby & little Tom. Now, poof, people will thinking the worst of him again. Marlena doesn't even seem to doubt that he is involved with this dumb Sami story. Jennifer seems to really not like the fact that Abby & Chad could be a couple.It gets me so angry!!! Yes, why can't Chad & Abigail be happy??? Why can't Salemites finally learn that Chad is a good guy, not a evil Dimera, more like Lexie instead?
Theo and Abby know that Chad good guy!

The part that I didn't understand was, why did Chad even need to be hypnotized in the first place? I thought he remembered everything and all his memories came back involving Ben? Why even get hypnotized again when you finally have everything that you want now? Just for Andre to come in and sabotage everything I guess.

Back