Chad

I agree with most that everyone is saying. I was never a fan of EJ and Sami and think they never redeemed the character. I just found it interesting how people were so eager to (rightfully) vilify EJ, but gave Jack a pass and turned him into a heartthrob/hero. Which he is not. I find him a phenomenal actor, and he has great chemistry with whomever he is working with. HOWEVER, he is a rapist and a serial abandoner leaving his wife/family on at least 3 occasions (and I don't care that he got captured, he wouldn't have if he hadn't abandoned his wife in the first place). He has made Jen's life hell and she always takes him back, which she has to because their chemistry is tremendous. I just think his backstory makes him a bad guy that can't be trusted.

Fully expecting to be bashed for this. Let the defending of Jack begin.

I agree in your opinion, why can we let 1 rapist off the hook and not the other?

I have a habit of forgetting their past and going with the story of the moment. Just me!

I think the big difference between EJ and Jack is that Jack was capable of admitting what he did was wrong. The DiMeras seem incapable of admitting their actions are vile. Their first instinct is to protect each other (unless they are wronged by another DiMera) due to being "family" regardless of circumstances. It is exceedingly difficult to atone when you will not admit what you did anything wrong and have a built-in support system to continue that delusion.

I do think Chad is not doing all he could to reconcile with Abby. Her husband had an affair with Gwen, who got pregnant, and tho she may have lost the baby, Gwen has not admitted it was before the fall on the stairs. So Abby not only has to forgive Chad for the affair (which she probably has done) but forgive herself for Gwen's fall, and (what she still thinks is her fault) the loss of the baby. I think there are other issues, tho, and Chad (maybe Abby, too) doesn't seem to want to face them. He doesn't mention talking with Abby on phone, or taking kids to visit her, or anything at all about her.

Makes me wonder if Days is hoping to get Kate Mansi back, or perhaps recasting once more, as the absent Abby leaves a huge hole. (just as Jack has no wife, son, daughter, parent, or any other relative, except brother Steve...)

Yes, Chad has these DiMera brothers, none of which he knows well at all. (I HATE all these various Salem siblings, not raised together, but supposedly so close after meeting as adults. 1 or 2, o.k. But writers have managed to have so many related to each other and keep bringing in heretofore unknown children.)

Makes me wonder if Days is hoping to get Kate Mansi back, or perhaps recasting once more, as the absent Abby leaves a huge hole.
So far, we haven't heard that Marci Miller (Abby) isn't coming back after her maternity leave. So hopefully she'll return soon.

Nor have we heard she is......with a newborn, she probably is very hesitant to return yet.

I recall more than a few people remarking that Jack and Eve were gross because he would not be with her if he had his memory. She knew that.

That makes her situation the most like Ciara/Theo's. People thought Jack/Eve was gross the same way they think Ciara/Theo is gross.

Paul, Will, and Sonny were more complicated because Will was a blank slate and was before any of the memory drugs (groan) were available. And Paul accepted that Will with his memory would probably leave him (until of course DA PLOT required him to be grumpy about it).

That said, I wish Ron wasn't so in love with the serially shirtless Robert Wilson (Ben) because maybe then we could have let these so-called lovebirds sail away together, instead of the insanity we've been getting.

I do remember though EJ's rape of Sami was mentioned by Lucas when they were trapped by Kristen and Xander, where Lucas and Sami did it a 2nd time. Lucas had said to Sami something like, the man who held you hostage and made you sleep with him in order to get a log or something off to rescue me. Lucas mentioned it, and Sami brushes it off pretends she didn't hear it. I thought it was so crazy how brushed off it was.

Back