Chaim Topol (actor) has died.

Topol was magical in that role, one of my favorite movie and stage musicals. May he rest in peace.

I saw Fiddler on stage countless times, including with Hershel Bernardi at Lincoln Center, and the Yiddish production directed by Joel Grey; it was was so powerful, I cried during most of it. I was in the first row, and when they danced, it was thunderous, shaking the theatre and creating a truly unforgettable experience.

Wilde Woman, no theaters around me but I liked the movie so much and told my family all about it. They weren't really interested.:rolleyes: But somewhere, my mother found a ceramic music box in the shape of a house, with a fiddler sitting on the roof playing the fiddle, and gave it to me. I still have it.

Squirrel, I'm pretty sure my PBS station is different from yours. Mine's even different from the one in Dallas.

Yep. Only the main shows are on at the same time such as the Masterpiece shows on Sunday night.

My PBS station out of Akron , Ohio, has 2 substations.... Classic Arts and First Nation.

Though I'm closer to Pittsburgh, I can't get that PBS station with my antenna.

I'm not even sure mine is PBS anymore. Some time ago the name on my screen changed to KERA. It still has the same kind of programing so I've assumed it is a PBS station.

Oh, yours is PBS, tho it has quiet the history. Puzzled me because all stations west of the Mississippi start with a K, while east of the Mississippi begin with a W. And I know you are west B The station began west, out of Kansas. Over time, and different owners.....it has ended in Dallas, and if you would like to read more......https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KERA-TV

Last edited:
East? I'm pretty sure Texas is still west of the Mississippi River. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Yep, all PBS stations have their own 4 letter "call sign" like all other over the air stations. Mine starts with a W.

That's all interesting information, and new to me, Poirot and Squirrel. I know nothing about PBS. Even though I have it in my "favorites" list, I don't watch it often. I used to watch some of the comedies, mainly, "Keeping Up Appearances." Have watched a few other things at times.

I didn't watch either one of those movies but I do know he played "Little Beaver" in the old, old Red Ryder movies. :rolleyes: No surprise I'd remember him from that. Pretty sure I've also seen him in some things as an adult but I don't recall what.

Back