Chrishell Stause (Jordan) Interview

Well, listened to part, kept skipping........but at the beginning....around 6-8 min in she talks only of wearing the glasses when Jordan first appeared, and how she was told she could not remove them, they were going to be a big story point, she teases about them fogging up at times (kissing scenes), and then one day was told suddenly to ditch them, don't wear them. She said wait, they are supposed to be big story point, and was told.....nope, forget it.
She did refer vaguely to "backstage goings on". I kept skipping forward, nothing more...talk of other shows, she praised various co-workers, but that is all I could gather......

Like Poirot, I skipped through and stopped where at one point, she said her story was to include an abusive ex-husband who came to Salem, but they couldn't find the right person to play the part (say WHAT?). Ergo, we got the abusive father played by James Reade (Clyde). As many actors who are looking for a breakthrough in acting, I just find it difficult to believe they couldn't cast someone as an abusive husband (Paul Telfer/Xander, anyone - or recast Daniel more true-to-actor-type).

I thought her story would've been a lot more interesting had she and Ben escaped from a polygamist cult. Maybe even after she had been forced into a "marriage" with the cult leader.

James Reade could've still been Clyde, but he could've been a creepy, powerful and dangerous cult leader.

I hate how the writers constantly do this...they bring on new characters, but there's no plan whatsoever for them until they've already been on air for 6 months. It's not fair to the actors OR the viewers, who are bored with the storyline. They should've made sure they could've cast an abusive ex-hubby for Jordan BEFORE she even came on screen, not left us in limbo with this lame storyline.

TPTB have this habit of bringing on big name actresses from other soaps assuming their fan bases will follow. We have seen this repeatedly over the last 2 years. They still don't get the fact that fans watch for storylines not for specific actors.

You got that right. Melissa Archer is another example of that habit. What is the point of bringing on someone with great acting skills, who has done well elsewhere, and then provide Nada for them to do. How many months did Chrishell spend walking into Rafe's room, saying a couple words with her clipboard handy, and that was it. Then, during rehab, telling him to walk 3 steps, or some such...and again. That was it. Boooo hisss. Will say the actress is being very gracious for her time on Days. Good for her.

You have a point, and I agree. In that interview, she talked of the different Ben's, that it was a bit difficult to get used to the differences, that Justin was quiet, more emotionally supportive to her as Ben, whereas Rob is this big strong guy who was not adverse to using his fists, quick to anger, etc.

Justin Gaston played Ben Rogers first. Then Rob Wilson took over the role.

th
rob-scott-wilson.png

The first picture is Justin Gaston and the second picture is Rob Wilson, the actor currently playing Ben.

So they told her they couldn't find the right person to play an abusive husband for Jordan? ummm the Clyde or Ben actors could have come on as her abusive husband. I actually hated that they had her start wearing sexy clothes around the same time her rapist was coming to town and didn't think the wardrobe change made any sense story wise.

She had a cute story about how she got her name. Her mom went into labor at a Shell Station a man named Chris was really sweet to her and held her hand till the ambulance got there. She wanted to honor him in some way I guess. so She named her Chrishelle. Her background is interesting her father is half Japanese half Spanish her mom (in her words) White (Irish with a little American Indian) How her baby pics don't look like her lol She says she looked more ethnic as a child.

She talked a little about people she worked with like Ricky Paull Golden:love: and Kate Collins. How it took too long for Jordan's "truth" to come out. How Jordan was different from Amanda (her role on AMC). Shows she likes to watch like Big Brother.

I really do love Ricky Paul Golden, and though he was a good guy cop on GL, he would have been fabulous as an abusive husband.(Although he is the actor I always thought would have been perfect if they wanted to recast Bo)

Thanks, Soapy.....

I would have been more invested in Jordan had they had the evil ex husband come to town rather than her step-father coming to town. I recall last year that Daniel recognized Jordan's last name and she got all nervous about it and it was supposed to foreshadow something but nothing came from that as I assume it would have led to the ex-husband at that time. The cast change of the portrayal of Ben was another case of bad writing. I actually liked Justin Gaston's portrayal of Ben, his portrayal was more mysterious, I could see more of a family bond with Jordan and was not as hot-headed as Rob Wilson's portrayal. To me it seemed that Rob Wilson and Chrishell Stause (Jordan) never really had much scenes so that family bond was never established.

Back