Ciara is a brat, as well as.........

I have loved Ciara, I think Lauren Boles, who plays her, does an absolutely fabulous job with the role.
That said, I am having a very hard time with this sneaky, underhanded, back-talking little girl. We make jokes about that pink backpack, but the fact remains that she has hidden things that were important to adults in there. She blackmailed Sami into buying her all those expensive earrings, (though Sami was an idiot to do so). She WAS picking on Connor in the school yard, and now, not only did she have a tantrum with her mother, she was truly snotty to Aiden.
O.K. so it makes for an "interesting" child (compared to Parker, for instance) but Hope really doesn't appear to even try to deal with this. Me thinks they are due for a visit to Dr. Phil.

Hope DOES need to be more firm with Ciara, but the fact is, this little girl is so much fun to watch on the show. Ciara is a lot like her mother. Hope was quite a handful when she first came on the show as a teenager.

I honestly don't care for the actress or the character. I would have been smacked upside the head if I had done and said half the things Ciara does. Two words, "boarding - school" preferably in Europe or some place very far away. :clap:

I do think, perhaps, they're breeding her to be the next Sami. She is young, she's had to deal with a lot, with parents who first worked all the time and then her dad just leaving 2 years ago, not really hearing from him. That's rough on a kid of any age, especially one as young as Ciara, who is old enough to see what's happening and try to understand. Her acting out is a way of trying to let her mom know she needs her.

As far as Aiden and the divorce from Bo are concerned, Ciara is handling that better than I anticipated, so far.

Old Soapie is right. I remember how she snuck into her mom's bedroom, found the box under the bed, the wallets, and never told a soul! She also knew her mom was not in her bed at night, never told anyone. And her dear dad almost dies as a result. (Hope was taking sleeping pills that had her wake up and do things she did not remember.)

A lot of Ciara's attitude has to do with her father not being around.. but is still no excuse for the way she behaves sometimes.. As a parent Hope really needs to step it up...or Ciara will end up being Sami 2.0 in a few years.

I know Ciara was fine with Aidan by the end of the episode but when she was saying "no" to the thought of Hope & Aiden dating, Hope really should have laid down the law a little better!

Back