Claire

karibeari

Reaction score
It has really been bothering me how they changed Claire from a sweet girl to a narcissist who acts completely entitled all the time. Today was so over the top to Jade: "oh, I completely forgot you were there."

Does this bother anyone else?

I agree, that based on her attitude as a child, Ciara was the one who I would have expected to be a brat when grown. Not self-absorbed like Claire, but feisy, bossy, definitely feeling entitled.

When Claire first appeared, she was much nicer (remember, she was about 15 then, aged in a month or two to 18, and now her mom says she is 19! Anyway, Claire played guitar, sang, composed music, but ever since she pounced on Theo as her boyfriend (after returning from New York) she is rather insufferable.

I think TPTB realized after it was too late that the actress playing Claire has a bit more range to play a brat than the actress playing Ciara. So they did a sudden 180 on us. I do agree that Ciara historically should be the brat.

I do think Claire is self aware even though she is also very immature and bratty. I truly think it's just a phase. One of the annoying parts of this is the teens are actually acting like teens of 15-16 now but they've been written in a corner as 18 year olds in college. It really is unfortunate they can't say the last year was a dream.

I simply cannot stand the character of Claire. They have ruined her. If she was my child, she'd get her butt busted. I just want to reach through the screen and slap her. Were Belle and Shawn really that bad as parents? Wow. By ruining Claire, I feel the writers also ruined Belle and Shawn, as I view them as incompetent boobs now.

The character of Claire is ruined for me. If I had been Jade, I would have cracked her. And when basically told Ciara to bring in her boxes out of the truck, that was just over the top. She just reminds me of school bullies. Leave town, Claire, not Ciara.

They like to ruin all the teens. Theo is a spoiled brat, Ciara is awful, Claire is such an entitled witch, Joey was a punk. This all started when the moron writers ruined Chase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I think the folks at NBC wanted at least one from the teen scene to represent today's society of self centered, narcissistic, and entitled young adults who thinks the world revolves around them. And a good 80% of my friends are like that still well into their 20's and 30's lol!

Claire isn't ruined but I do feel she is going to have a rude awakening soon that will make her grow up and not act like a spoiled whiny brat. But yes definitely between Ciara and Claire, I think Claire was the wiser choice as a brat. She spent the most time away from real family, so being self absorbed is psychologically being the distant cousin.

While Claire's younger days were spent aboard a boat, sailing the seas, probably home schooled, so.no friends....she did end up in Maine, going to public schools, lots of kids, both parents at home. Even when she first arrived in Salem, she was not as selfish and inconsiderate as she is now.

Back