Clyde & Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirramix

Reaction score
Not just here but on other boards and websites it is said that Clyde raped Jordan when she was 15 years old. I don't have a side or opinion on whether he did or not but am intrigued with the debate aspect of it pertaining to facts and the blurred ambiguity of the scenes.

I am not pointing out or to any particular posters or people but in a debate those that assert something first is where the burden (maybe not the right word to use with its negative implications) of proof falls.

When has it been established that Clyde is a rapist or raped Jordan? The episodes and scripts/transcripts on Nov 7th & 10th, 2014 then this past Friday may have implications but there has not been a clear cut assertion that he did. Most often in soaps we hear "You raped me" or " *insert name* raped me" but in this story all we get is "what happened", "mistake", "I was wrong" and other vague things like Jordan saying "It was rape" not "you raped me".

Being a soap thete are many possibilities since it has not been outright stated. I believe it may be on purpose in order to keep Clyde "gray" and leave other possibilities open. He could have pimped her out like Trent/Melanie. He could have allowed Jeremiah to rape her (she was frightened when she saw Jeremiah first) or Clyde could have raped her. There is also Clyde questioning Jordan's memory which could be a manipulation or the truth.

So where is it or has it been shown as fact, not speculation, that Jordan was raped by Clyde? What are your thoughts about it?

Yes she said that quote but she did not flat out say Clyde raped her. That's where the debate comes in to play. The scripts, transcripts and show never said Clyde actually raped her. He had knowledge of it and it is possible but equally as possible as other scenarios. It all seems like speculation and not fact which I think is what the show is going for with this.

http://tvmegasite.net/transcripts/days/older/2014/trans-da-11-07-14.shtml

http://tvmegasite.net/transcripts/days/older/2014/trans-da-11-10-14.shtml

Not to discount any appreciated summaries here or elsewhere but they are secondhand accounts not proof of an assertion (in debate).

Those transcripts are also "second hand".

Just because the camera was not "there" as it was with EJ & Sami, doesn't mean it did not happen. Their "episode" doesn't use the word "rape" either.
What matters is, Jordan was raped, and Clyde has admitted he was at fault, whatever it was he "did to her".
I don't know why anyone would want to bring arguments, debates or whatever you want to call it, that is going on elsewhere, over here.

For a simple discussion, knowledge and find out if there is anything that may have been missed. It has also been discussed here. If that is the case why discuss anything that happens to be discussed elsewhere. I have no opinion either way but wanted to know. No one said argument. No one said anything about cameras. It is simply wanting to know if there is any proof that there is factual evidence to support the claim that Clyde raped Jordan, here or elsewhere, since he is being called a rapist. Using a debate outline I thought it could start an interesting discussion alleviating negativity towards anyone.

You prove why I started this thread in your post. Jordan was raped. Clyde was at fault, admitting whatever he did to her. That could be raping her himself (so I am not disagreeing with that at all) or that he set it up for someone else to do so, or other scenarios.

What is wrong with asking and starting a post about it?

By the way, those transcripts do say the word & it may have some typos but is more accurate to the lines. This wasn't started about the rape or Jordan being raped. It's about the character of Clyde. Jeez. Rolling my eyes. If anyone doesn't want to debate, discuss or talk about it then don't come in the thread & comment.

Hmmm, seems to me the title says Clyde & Jordan.....and your intial post is all about whether it was Clyde who raped Jordan. YOU brought it up.

As to Clyde, he is a bad guy, lies constantly, after charming and bedding Kate, has now threatened her, moved in on Victor's trucking business to "look legit", while he is selling "product" all over Salem, was responsible for the murder of EJ DiMera and the stabbing of Sonny Kiriakis. In addtion, he has admitted to beating his young son, the rape of his step-daughter, being an alcoholic, abusing his wife....so what more is there to say about him?

And, just for the record, anyone can participate in any thread on this board.

Whatever. If this thread can please be deleted it would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back