Comments on the "new" Ben???

eweiner

Reaction score
What's your opinion on the new guy on the block?? He is so clean shaven that it was a surprise. Made me think how we keep saying we hope for a stubble-free look, and then when we get it....well, it's "strange"! I think he looks more like a nice, clean-cut young man, such as JJ.

d6cfa4269e0a874177a67f9f17a8604df2bd824d47d55aa6bfae36d8ea306255.jpg

Actually, I liked him a lot. He went right into the role, the lines, as if he'd been playing Ben for a while, and since I hate stubble on any of the males, it was really great to see him clean shaven. He was not stiff at all in his scenes with anyone. Handled it all well for first day.
That said, I really think Days should have done a "voice over", or run a line across the top of the screen saying that Ben is now being played by Rob Wilson, inasmuch as this actor change occurs current. I mean, there is no "gone for a week or two, back on screen, new guy.

I wish Days still did that (a voiceover and/or a banner across the bottom of the screen to announce a new actor playing a role). Y&R still does it; I think it's a nice touch and informative to the viewers.

There are men that can pull off stubble and I like both looks, Daniel CAN’T there is just too much hair, Brady & Rafe can go both ways, and the old Ben I liked with an unshaven face, he looked and fit the character of being on the run, hiding from someone and the protector of women! What I don’t understand is why they didn’t wait a couple of weeks before Abby got her first kiss from Ben, I liked their chemistry, and it’s not like it was a pivotal part of the SL!

I absolutely hate the hairstyle!!!!!!!!! Otherwise he did the job well and will easily make the role his (especially since the old Ben was rarely on).

I like him, but when I saw the biceps as he sat in Hope's office, I figured this is a guy we are gonna see shirtless a lot, I guess. (Never watched Price is Right. )

I thought he did fine. He was more expressive than the last Ben (which may have been a conscious decision on the actor/director's part...not sure) and certainly fits the "summer hunk" trope. I'm certain he'll have his fawning fans especially when he inevitably doffs his shirt to clean up Abby's spilled coffee, and later her spilled perfume, and later to dab her tears as she weeps over her guilt concerning EJ.

I do find it a bit harder to buy him as Jordan's brother, however, but I'm sure I'll get over that, as I barely care about Jordan/Ben and their mysterious past.

Back