Copy a post to start a new thread

redsquirrel

Reaction score
Poirot, I know this should go in the "How Do I..." forum, but I figured more people would see it here. Please let me know if you'd like me to move it.

Here are the instructions for starting a new thread and moving your posts over so we can all discuss them there.

While you have the original thread open, RIGHT click on "FORUMS" at the top of the page.
When the drop down menu appears, choose "OPEN in NEW TAB"

When the new tab appears, click on it to open .
On the new page, look clear over on the right side......click on "Post New Thread"

On the next page that appears, your cursor will be in the box where you type in your title.

Hitting your Tab key will take you to the area for the body of your post.

Now click on the tab for the original thread.
Place your cursor at the beginning of the post you want to copy. Push down and HOLD the LEFT mouse button. While holding it down, move the cursor to the end of the area to be copied. Take your finger off the mouse button, and the area will be highlighted.

On your keyboard, hold down the "Ctrl" key and click the "C" key to copy. Release both keys.

Click on the tab for the new thread.
Click in the area where the body of the post will go.

On your keyboard, hold down the "Ctrl" key and click the "V" key to paste the post. Release both keys.

When you're finished adding text in the box, look BENEATH the area of the post.
Click on "CREATE THREAD"

Easy peasy, your thread will appear. In fact, I moved my post here from a different thread in "Daze and Knights" then went back and deleted it there.

Back