Cruise of Deception

ShaunP(not ShawnD!)

Reaction score
I just went down a rabbit hole looking at old video clips and recalling the brilliant marketing the Days team did on the summer of 1990 storyline "Cruise of Deception." What I wouldn't give to have a gripping story like this that involves the entire cast for weeks. I recall a different commercial every day with some preview of what was happening next.

I'm sure it was much more vivid to me because I was in middle school at the time and didn't have a million other things going on, but I remember pretty much everyone in my family making sure we watched every day that summer. In fact, we even acted out the life raft scene in my grandmother's in-ground pool, making huge waves and pretending we were falling off/rescuing each other.

Aside from the original Marlena possession storyline, I don't remember a time when I was that excited to watch Days every day. Anyone else remember feeling like they were part of something during this miniseries event?

I remember driving my boys cross country that summer. We visited lots of exciting places. Finally got to where where we were going. Every day at noon for two weeks I made the group watch the show, and I don't feel bad for it at all.

Back