Curious

I think some men might. I can see young men, in particular, doing that in dorms or apartments. Women less so, unless it’s in a dorm where the randomness of who's on the other side is greatly reduced.

Last edited:
On Days, it is mostly opening apartment doors.......so we are not talking dorms....as it seems house doors are always open for anyone to walk in, so no one answers those. LOL.

In an apartment building, there could be a door to door salesperson, landlord, neighbor, kid selling girl scout cookies, or tootsie rolls, a repair person...........or some pervert!

I just cannot imagine anyone opening the door with just a towel wrapped around them. Not only that.......but when taking a shower, it would seem one would have their clean clothes or bathrobe in the bathroom. So was just wondering if being clad in only a towel was a common thing......that I just have not run into, thankfully, in my life.

On Days, it is mostly opening apartment doors.......so we are not talking dorms....as it seems house doors are always open for anyone to walk in, so no one answers those. LOL.
It's the same thing on all the other soaps, too, and on regular TV shows. But yeah, in real life, I have to think answering the door in a towel is hardly ever done.

But honestly, I think it should be a requirement for Xander to walk around in a towel at least once in every episode he's in. :rotfl:

I always use my peep hole, but would never, ever answer the door if not appropriately dressed.

Never encountered anyone answering their door in anything less than a robe, thankfully.

friends-phoebe.gif

My dad was a salesman and he said some of the women would come to the door in slinky outfits!

Maybe trying for a discount on roofing and siding!

Seems to me anyone that answers the door in a towel or naked without knowing who it is would just be advertising their "goods"!
This is why I think women are WAY less likely to do this. We have rape prevention/victim blaming stuff in the backs of our heads all the time.

But men, not so much. And if they're not shy about their bodies, some might not think twice.

I think some men might. I can see young men, in particular, doing that in dorms or apartments. Women less so, unless it’s in a dorm where the randomness of who's on the other side is greatly reduced.
I lived in men’s dorms for four years in college. This never happened, people also didn’t walk around in towels. They’d get dressed and get on with the day. And without a female audience to appreciate his physique, even Xander would keep his shirt on.

My dad was a salesman and he said some of the women would come to the door in slinky outfits!

Maybe trying for a discount on roofing and siding!

Seems to me anyone that answers the door in a towel or naked without knowing who it is would just be advertising their "goods"!
During my college days, I had a job delivering mail in my hometown for three summers. Not once did a woman come to the door in a slinky dress. Instead, it was barking dogs, people complaining about wet mail on rainy days, and older people who were upset because their social security checks hadn’t arrived.

Things might have changed but my dad was a salesman in the 60's, 70's and 80's and it was a different world back then.

Back