Danielle Paige replaces Janet Iacobuzio as new script writer

Jason47

Reaction score
NEW YORK TIMES BEST-SELLING AUTHOR OF "DOROTHY MUST DIE", DANIELLE PAIGE, JOINS "DAYS" STAFF AS NEW SCRIPT WRITER...REPLACES JANET IACOBUZIO

11705372_614277075381237_1711526582854282150_n.jpg

Danielle Paige, the New York Times bestselling author of Dorothy Must Die and its upcoming sequel The Wicked Will Rise, has been added to the "Days" writing staff as a new script writer. Paige previously spent a decade writing for "Guiding Light" from 1996-2006, where she received two Daytime Emmy nominations (2003, 2005). Paige, 40, is a graduate of Columbia University and lives in New York City.

Paige replaces Janet Iacobuzio, who had written 121 "Days" scripts since 2011, and whose last episode aired August 5. Paige was first listed in the staff credits on August 10, so look for her first script to air within the next week or so.

In an interview with USA Today in 2013, Paige had this to say about her time writing for soaps: "Soaps don't take you to Oz, but we had cloning stories and ghosts, and it's like, "OK, how do I write dialogue for that?!" When you get to something like this, it's about making things that aren't real feel right, and it was really good practice for that...I've always been fascinated with Oz, and I like the idea of the young-adult world. When I was writing soaps, I liked writing the young characters and I like a lot of teen stuff. I like that part of kids' lives where everything's new and heightened because it's a first time."

Last edited by a moderator:
It's nice to see some diversity on the writing staff! I'm looking forward to her first credited script. Since she likes working with teens, hopefully we'll see some improved teen dialogue. I'm still not over JJ saying he went to bed with Eve :rotfl:.

I wish she'd replaced David Sherrill. Not as familiar with Janet Lacobuzio's work and that could be because her scripts weren't as recognizable. As some have said, including myself, it's not difficult at all to spot a David Sherill script - Daniel propping and/or women being shamed or bashed.

As a long time viewer of Guiding Light, I do remember, only too well, the clone story, and also the "ghost" story. I am guessing, since she seems to like writing for the teen set, and since we will be having several this fall, she will probably be PERHAPS writing scripts for whatever is upcoming with that group.

Back