Dark Shadows return

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ds-cwood-atnight-1-660x330.jpg

Dark Shadows Makes A Creepy Comeback!

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/09/dark-shadows-makes-creepy-comeback.html

When I first saw this, I thought It was about the way Days is being written!! :rotfl:
I used to watch Dark Shadows. I liked the show and the people that played the parts. I will have to check this out

I remember the brief reboot they did of Dark Shadows in 1991. Michael T. Weiss (who had played Mike Horton on Days) was in it.

I agree, The look of love! That was my first thought.

I loved Dark Shadows! It was on at 3:00 in the afternoon and school got out at 2:25. I would rush home so I wouldn't miss any of the show. That was long before the days of DVR and On Demand. The next day at school we would discuss what happened. Those were the good old days!

I am so excited for this! For years fans like me (crazy ones, that is) have been saying that they should do a continuation of the original show (instead of infinite reboots).

I AM SO HAPPY! I'm so excited, I'm considering a career change. :)

Hmmm......don't think I'll watch it, but happy for folks like Jason who are excited about the show.

I watched part of it once....and nope, not for me. It is coming to CW network. (CW stands for CBS & Warner) It probably has different channel numbers in different areas. I don't see it on the list for Direct TV, which is what I have...........But that doesn't mean a thing. As I have it's shows listed on other channels. LOL Actually, I checked and evidently the CBS station in Duluth has an additional station that carries CW, and I do get it. LOL. Shows how much I watch their programming (CW, I mean). Oh, well.

I forgot about Michael T Weiss (former Mike Horton on Days) being on the reboot of in the 90s. I got into dark shadows then and enjoyed it BUT if the CW is doing it, I suspect it will be a dud like Dynasty was. I just think that the CW is catered to teens for the most part and do not have a lot of faith that this dark shadows will be storyline driven, soapy drama but more highly sexualized played by adults who portray such fake teenaged confidence. I'm saying all this without having seen a trailer but rather lumping it in with the Dynasty fail, Riverdale, etc. and I'm sure other CW shows.

I'm more confident Muzza because the showrunner is a fan of the original and wants to tell stories with respect to the canon that's already established from the original show. I admit the CW isn't high on quality but I'll keep my hopes high. They'll need some good directors and actors, too. I'll get scared if they hire a bunch of 20-somethings only. :)

Back