Day of Days 2019

This year's event seemed less attended than last year but still well attended nonetheless. I saw Bruce Evans (NBC), Ken Corday, Ryan Quan and Ron. Unfortunately I didn't really get to talk with any of them but did get to speak briefly to Michael Fairman.

I got there before just before 8am so was able to get a prime seat for opening session where everyone was introduced and walked in. I used the 2 hours before it started to chat with other fans and grab a VooDoo doughnut for breakfast. It did start 15 min late. That seemed to be a trend for the rest of the day too. I immediately noticed no Suzanne Rogers (Maggie), Bill Hayes(Doug) or Susan Hayes(Julie) in the AM. Thankfully the Hayes' showed up in the afternoon. They looked good but I noticed they were holding hands every time they walked somewhere. It seemed to be more for support purposes but bless them for being there, especially with a brush fire nearby.

Everyone got a yellow recycle grocery bag, a hand sanitizer, a Brady's Pub apron and the usual photo autograph cards. I do wish they'd consider selling additional swag.

It's always a challenge to figure out who to see with such limited time. I decided to go see Drake Hogestyn (John), Deidre Hall(Marlena), Thaao Penghlis(Tony) and Leann Hunley(Anna) first. I waited almost 2 full hours to get up to the stage. I met Thaao and Leann first. They were very nice. Leann had just returned from a trip near my town so we chatted about that. Then I moved on to Drake and Deidre. Right before I got up to them, a rather nasty and unkind Days employee shouted "No More Photos". And then she proceeded to yell at fans to put their phones away. My phone was in my hand but I was not doing anything with it except holding it. She yelled at me 3x to put it away and then threatened me telling me she'd move on to the next person if I didn't put it away. I held it a bit longer and stuffed it into my pocket. She was standing behind me then entire time too. Not sure why she chose to single me out when other people around me were actually taking photos after the announcement. In 4 years of going to Day of Days, I have never had such an experience and it wasn't even with security. It was with a Days employee. If anyone knows who the Asian woman dressed in all black was that was working the main stage on Saturday, I'd love a name as I'd like to report her to Bruce Evans and NBC. I was both stunned and livid at the same time. There are fans who spent thousands of dollars to attend this event, some from as far away as New Zealand and South Africa. As it is, I flew over 2,000 miles to be there. That is NOT how you treat loyal fans. Morale of the story I did not get any photos with the actors on the main stage though all 4 were very sweet. I mentioned that we needed Belle back as I was walking away and Deidre yelled after me that she's coming back. That made me happy. She also handed me a signed photo of John and Marlena which was very nice. I got that on top of having my autograph cards signed.

After grabbing a quick burrito bowl from Taco Bell, I got on the afternoon line to meet Matt Ashford(Jack), Melissa Reeves(Jennifer) and Mary Beth Evans(Kayla). I got up there pretty quickly and all were very sweet. I finally got to tell Matt and Melissa that Jack and Jennifer were what got me hooked on the show back in 1989. I did get photos with these 3. After that, I could have gotten on another line for a little less than an hour but I saw an open seat in the front row and seized my moment. Plus I was told the other 3 lines were maxed out already. I'm actually in the video that Drake Hogestyn(John) posted. The only bad part about front row were media photographers and security guards constantly in the way.

While we were waiting, Clarence the event host walks around and asks trivia questions and gives out prizes. He has a couple of Days employees with him. Yet he never came up to me. The question/answer session started late but was fun as always. No spoilers. Stephen Nichols(Steve) came out first and joined the cast, Ron and Ken on stage. The Ari twins had arrived at this point too and were also on stage on Camila Banus(Gabi)'s lap. It seems they actually posted the promo online before we saw it in person. My favorite part of watching the cast react to it and listening to the fans around me react. That's something you can't get watching a video.

After a super quick dinner at Pink's hot dogs(I do not recommend burgers here fyi) and some quick shopping at the Universal Studios Hollywood store, I drove over to the AfterBuzzTV Studios for Dishin Days event. There was lots of food and drink and they let people take photos in their studio. They also let us act out a scene in front of a green screen though I haven't been emailed my video yet. We did have some Days visitors. I met Marci Miller(ex-Abby), Vincent Irizarry(Deimos), Jonathan McClendon(Chase), Molly Burnett(Melanie), Kevin Spirtas(Craig Wesley), and Brock Kelly(Evan, Rafe's new Manny). Everyone seems busy. I told Vincent that Deimos should have been Xander's father and he agreed lol. Brock didn't say much rightfully so. Kevin and Molly have new shows on Amazon Prime and Netflix respectively though he did insinuate that he's been asked to return but couldn't work out timing. So that was good to hear. Hopefully we will see Chloe and her family in the future.

I didn't do any other show related events over the weekend. My day was more than full and fulfilling.

Oh, thank you, Heather, for the report. You certainly had a good time. (By the way, I read a post on twitter from a guy, there with 3 kids, who experienced same thing in line as you, only security guard. And all he was trying to do was take a pic with her camera for person behind him in line. Same line as you, apparently.

Oh, thank you, Heather, for the report. You certainly had a good time. (By the way, I read a post on twitter from a guy, there with 3 kids, who experienced same thing in line as you, only security guard. And all he was trying to do was take a pic with her camera for person behind him in line. Same line as you, apparently.

Yeah I heard it from a couple others as well but mine definitely wasn't a security guard. She was wearing a Days badge. The security guards were in uniform and had different badges. Coincidentally, at the end of the day, someone tried to bring the Udell twins(Arianna) up to meet Deidre Hall(Marlena) and Drake Hogestyn(John) and this same woman refused them too. And these were fellow cast members! How much of an awful human being do you have to be to refuse young children like that? Thankfully the girls got to join everyone on stage for the question/answer session.

Back