Days back in the 90's

mickiendavid

Reaction score
Website
groups.yahoo.com
I remember when this show was HOT and on FIRE back in the 90's. I remember watching the daytime soap awards and Days was the number one show for like 5 years in a row and they had numerous character awards throughout the ceremony.

They need to find the person that can make them come alive again and make the show explode with excitement and suspense like they used to.

Some of my favorite past memories where when Bo and Carly were together when hope was thought dead and Vivian buried Carly alive. Talk about suspense and excitement wondering if Lawrence or Bo was going to find out what Vivian did and were they going to get there in time to dig her out or was it going to be to late.

There was also the story line when Vivian stole Kate's egg and had it implanted into her and she was the one who gave birth to Philip.

Then there was the Laura Horton and Kate vendetta when Kate had Laura drugged and committed to the asylum all those years and Laura finally escaped and Kate ended up on that fishing boat trying to find her way back to Victor only to find him in bed with Vivian. LOL

These are the kind of hot exciting episodes days needs to come up with again things that get people's attention. They seem to be on a broken record role they keep repeating the same thing over and over and people are getting tired of seeing it and losing the interest. I hope 2009 will bring some better things for Days and more exciting events.

However, no matter what they do I will always be a loyal days fan. I am 40 years old and I have watched days since I was 4 years old. My mother has been a fan since day 1 when they first come on the television.

I used to really love the show back then.

In fact, I think that the 90-95 period ranks right up there with some of the other great eras of DOOL. They had really great storylines and great actors (i.e. Michael Sabatino, Lisa Rina, Crystal Chapelle, Patrick Muldoon, Robert-Kelker Kelly, Louise Sorel, Wayne Northop, etc.) The only real blemish was the ridiculous Satan possession plot.

Wasn't that also when Isabella was on? I loved her and her whole story line was marvelous! I don't believe there is a character on today that could make me ball like I did when she died. I would love to see her ghost come back now and help John back to his old self.

I started watching round 1993, and you guys were right... they had some awesome storylines back then! I miss the old days with Sami and Lucas scheming to keep Carrie and Austin apart, and I miss Vivian and Ivan... They were fun! :) And how about Kristen and all her schemes to keep John away from Marlena... Good times! :)

I watched on and off in the 90s', so I only remember vague details about it. Also, taking into account taht I was a kid when this was on might also have something to do with it. So, this is what I remember:
I remember Pricness Gina, and Hope getting kidnapped by Stefano and finding the real Princess Gina who had grey hair. I also remember her trying to burn down the DiMera Mansion and getting herself killed in the process.
I remember Kate absolutely hating Sami and drugging her dinner, and torturing her with a doll of Will that had spiders coming out of his ears. Or was it blood, I can't remember.
I remember Brady and Chloe belonged together and how Chloe had lukimia, and when she said goodbye to Brady.

That's really all I remember, though. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, please let me know. Also, if that never happened, or it did happen, just in a different way, then please explain how it really ahppened.
Thanks!

Princess Gina was actually killed on a roof top as she was trying to kill Shawn Douglas. She died in a hospital with Greta at her side, and supposedly whispered to Greta just WHO her father really was.
The fire was because Stefano had done so much to acquire a painting, and now he was in possession of it. And she took an acetylene torch to the painting, and it was Stefano who was burned in the process. However a little miracle cream from rolf, and Stefano was as good as new, not even a scar to be had.

Oh, i see. But what about that whole thing with the doll of Will? Did any of that ever happen? And what became of that storyline?

That was in Italy, Kate actually conspired with Lucas back then, using the life size Will doll to lure Sami to a cliff edge. Sami fell over, onto a ledge and Brandon rescued her.
I remember Lucas (in disguise) dressed like a surfer/beach bum dude, with this blond wig hangin down to his ears.

(At the time, Reilly, the head writer, ripped off his own talking doll character from Passions....lol)

I know a lot of people didn't like the possession storyline but I did. But then again I like scary movies.

I liked the possesion storiline it was interesting and different and I loved it when John Saved Marlena from the Devil on Christmas Eve and the possesion was broken.

I liked the possesion story as well. I was shocked to find out it was Marlena that was ruining all the Christmas things in Salem. I just found the whole story exciting. Loved when John was trying to be a priest again.

re: the 90's

To each his own, I guess. Most of the 90's I thought it was pretty bad. I've watched since day one and there has been much better stuff,than then. The late 70's and 80's were the best. However!! When I look at old tapes, I get hysterical over some of the silly things that went on.

One of my fondest memories of Days was in the 80's, was when Bo and Hope were daiting and when they got married. I am sure other people thought they played the flash backs to death, but I thought they were great. The ones where they were in New Orleans and a lot of the scenes where on Bo's bike.

Yes I love all of those flashbacks too. I remember hope's 18th Birthday Jeniffer spent the night at Hopes and in the morning Hope woke up and was screaming at Jen to wake up it was her 18th Birthday. I was in high school when Bo and Hope were married I believe in 1986. I wanted my mother to call me off of school that day so I could see their wedding and she would not do it. Oh I was so mad at her I never seen their wedding boy I was mad lol

I absolutely HATED the possession story. It was just blasphemy to me to have it begun during the so beautiful and holy Christmas season.......and I thought for sure it would end for Easter. And it did not. It may have been a great vehicle for Marlena, but it was horrible. I know many viewers stopped watching then, and I would have been one of them if I had not been doing Early Edition.

Bo & Hope's wedding is undoubtably on you tube.....and tho I never saw it, I sure have seen a lot of clips at various times.

As someone else commented, to each their own. The '90s were when I stopped watching the show -- late '93 to be specific. It was like I looked up one day and realized all my favorites -- everyone who had made it so great in the '80s -- were gone, or had become unrecognizable. The show had become unrecognizable. Of course, it happened slowly over of a few years -- Hope, Steve, Shane, Kimberly, Kayla & Jack all left town or were killed off. Bo had been recast. Jack was the breaking point or my wake-up moment, when I suddenly realized, "holy crap, EVERYONE is gone!" Jennifer was still around...but I couldn't watch them pair her with someone else. I'd grown to detest Marlena and John and had little or no interest in the other featured characters -- Carly, Lawrence, Vivian, Kristen, Sami, Austin, Billie, Carrie. I quit cold turkey, after fast-fowarding through an entire Friday-episode. I just stopped taping it the following Monday, and that was that. (until Matt Ashford & Missy Reeves' return in 2001 lured me back for a while).

Back