Days back in the 90's

My favorite 90's storyline was the murder of Curtis Browne. It was so suspenseful. There were so many suspects involved Billie, Austin, Kate, Lucas, Stefano and Victor. Follow the clips on youtube too see it all being played out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwNw9DVOnhw

Thanks so much for posting this. another wonderful Days Site! The 90's were and awsome time on Days. Good acting, s/l, wonderful music and writing was top notch. Soemthing Days is sadly lacking now.

Thanks again!!!
'

Who was Curtis Browne??? Did you mean Curtis Reed?

I think Days has some good stories going on, and others must think so, too, as the ratings for Days has gone up quite a bit of late. Plus viewers are really caught up in various storylines, as postings will verify.
I will agree that in the music area, Days no longer cuts the mustard. Even GL, which has had to cut back way more than Days, has much better music.

Who was Curtis Browne??? Did you mean Curtis Reed?

I think Days has some good stories going on, and others must think so, too, as the ratings for Days has gone up quite a bit of late. Plus viewers are really caught up in various storylines, as postings will verify.
I will agree that in the music area, Days no longer cuts the mustard. Even GL, which has had to cut back way more than Days, has much better music.

Didn't he go by Curtis Brown until everyone found out he was Austin and Billie's father?

I thought he did as well. It took a while before we knew that he was Bille and Austin's dad.

Yes, he went by Curtis Brown until it was revealed later that he was Billie's dad.

I guess the 90's were just a special time on Days and for many of us lifelong fans. It is so sad it had to end for us in such a shameful way. :(

I guess it is shameful for some, who have lost interest in the show. That happens to a lot of shows. I was a faithful and loyal Survivor viewer, but cannot seem to get into it this year. Actually, I really enjoyed the 80s and very early 90s Days. Once Reilly came on board.....it was no longer the same.
But obviously for the majority of us, Days has not ended, and is not shameful at all. :)

I guess it is shameful for some, who have lost interest in the show. That happens to a lot of shows. I was a faithful and loyal Survivor viewer, but cannot seem to get into it this year. Actually, I really enjoyed the 80s and very early 90s Days. Once Reilly came on board.....it was no longer the same.
But obviously for the majority of us, Days has not ended, and is not shameful at all. :)

Shameful is all I can say about Days now. I saddens me to see a once great show reduced to what it is now. But I am not surprised with most of the garbage on TV at night that few people watch anymore it eventually had to hit daytime but Days was been hit pretty hard.

Y&R GH and OLTL are amazing show with wonderful s/l and amazing writing. I think the 12-17 yeare olds are really feeding the ratings where Days is concerned and I really have no desire to watch what they enjoy. I know we don't agree on Days but that is how I feel. I miss the 90's and the 80's and the 70's where Days is concerned. Days is doing okay for now but i don't think it will be sustainable, it breaks my heart to see what KC has done to it.

Its wonderful to be able to watch Days again on youtube and enjjoy it when it was well written and the stories kept your interest. Love scenes were not in an elevator and the s/l flowed beautifully. I guess many of us had the best and we are not willing settle for second best anymore.

Shameful is all I can say about Days now. I saddens me to see a once great show reduced to what it is now. But I am not surprised with most of the garbage on TV at night that few people watch anymore it eventually had to hit daytime but Days was been hit pretty hard.

Y&R GH and OLTL are amazing show with wonderful s/l and amazing writing. I think the 12-17 yeare olds are really feeding the ratings where Days is concerned and I really have no desire to watch what they enjoy. I know we don't agree on Days but that is how I feel. I miss the 90's and the 80's and the 70's where Days is concerned. Days is doing okay for now but i don't think it will be sustainable, it breaks my heart to see what KC has done to it.

Its wonderful to be able to watch Days again on youtube and enjjoy it when it was well written and the stories kept your interest. Love scenes were not in an elevator and the s/l flowed beautifully. I guess many of us had the best and we are not willing settle for second best anymore.

You know...I'm not enjoying the show right now at all. I'll throw that out there first. However...I have heard that Y&R, GH, and OLTL are on fire right now. Very recently, as in within the last few months, at least two of those shows were being trashed as much if not more than Days. So they may be amazing now, but that might not last. Days may suck now, IMO, but that might not last. I thought it was terrific a year ago. I enjoyed the show in the 80s, 90s, and parts of this decade. Sometimes it's more entertaining than other times. I do think that there's a certain element of nostalgia that makes it seem like the past was better than it was. Soaps have always had a bad reputation, and that's not without reason. The 80s weren't perfect. There were issues with writers and firings back then, too. And at that time people were nostalgic for what had gone on during the 70s and late 60s. Things change, and the show has to change with the times.
As for the love scenes, some of my favorite past love scenes from previous decades were in an airplane, on a conference room table, in the woods, and in offices. The concept of the elevator was nothing new. I didn't care for either couple involved, but they're hardly the first to do something like that.

Hehe this is a cheesey Days of Our Lives emmy nomination promo. The music is very mid 90's it will make you chuckle and have flashbacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bumVHZSneN4

By the way, I also have faith Days will stay on air. It's a classic soap opera, the epitome of a soap as it was America's first one to air. I think with the new plots the interest is a tad interesting. Just the whole Nicole and EJ thing needs to go already.

Hehe this is a cheesey Days of Our Lives emmy nomination promo. The music is very mid 90's it will make you chuckle and have flashbacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bumVHZSneN4

By the way, I also have faith Days will stay on air. It's a classic soap opera, the epitome of a soap as it was America's first one to air. I think with the new plots the interest is a tad interesting. Just the whole Nicole and EJ thing needs to go already.

WOW. I just assumed you meant the song was actually from the mid 90s. I was NOT expecting that. That might have been the greatest thing ever. They should always do that because that just made my night...which is sad.

In the 90's I was glued to the screen cause of The Carrie & Austin Love Story. Got so frustrated everytime they were torn apart by Lucas and Sami's evil schemes. They could have saved everyone the trouble by just hooking up then. Lumi had chemistry from day 1. Too bad it took them almost 10 yrs to finally get together.

Back