Days - Fri. Jan. 8, 2010

My, My, My

First let me say...thanks for the write up! I just finished watching the show and I had to step away for a minute to get my thoughts together.

Oh EJ...why???? I don't understand what is the motive behind all of this and I know that some will say that he's evil so that is motive enough within itself but I believe there is more.

Bo...WTH is this roll in the hay w/ Carly some form of revenge? Does he think that since Hope kissed Justin (gag) that he can up the ante...it's just...I have no words for this.

Sami and Rafe this is a disaster waiting to happen.

Will and Mia...who cares they break up every 20 minutes anyway!

Has Vivian always been this scary??? Love her but really scary!

Lastly poor Maggie, Oh it just broke my heart!!!! Can't believe that Mickey is gone, yes he's been off the show forever but it still is so sad!! SR acted her butt off today...I really and truly felt her pain, my waterworks were in full effect today.

Magie & Hope are sitting in the kitchen, when Maggie suddenly remembers Alice, Oh, Hope, she is so frail. She could not take this. Hope tells her that Alice does have to know, Maggie sadly agrees, Hope calls Alice, saying only she would like to come over, exchanges I love you, too, hangs up, then looks at the picture of Bo on her camera phone, and is crying, as she holds the phone to her chest. Maggie still seems in a state of shock, Hope tells her she will make the calls to notify everyone, Maggie thanks her, she just cannot do that right now.
Nice write-up but I think it's important to mention that Hope was looking at Bo's picture under the heading "MISSED CALL", which means he tried calling her while she was on the phone to Alice. I'm guessing she will try calling him back when he is in the throes of passion with Carly and not answer and then she will call Justin to comfort her.

Thanks so much for the write up! The scenes with Maggie and Hope were really tear-jerking. It is the end of an era with Mickey gone.

Ha! ha! ha! the look of love, I loved what you said about EJ being grass and Stephano being the lawnmower. Priceless!!!! I still think Sami and Stephano should team up against EJ and wipe the smirk off his face! I know logically speaking that would never happen since Stephano hates Sami so much and vice versa, but still. . . it would funny to watch!

Nice write-up but I think it's important to mention that Hope was looking at Bo's picture under the heading "MISSED CALL", which means he tried calling her while she was on the phone to Alice.
Sorry, but I never saw that heading.....I know nothing about camera phones, rarely even use a cell phone (because of where I live) matter of fact I even stopped the video and ran that part again and still did not see that heading, and would not have even looked for it had I known it was there. Did not mean a thing to me.

Also, I watch the show, then try to put each story all together in one section, rather than in small jerky 20 second scenes as Days does. So if I forget or miss what some feel are important...nothing I can do about it.

Poirot, since you mentioned it, I would like to say that I love your format. The story flows better with everything in its own paragraph. Thanks...

I think Sami and Ej deserve each other. Rafe can just take Gabi, and Ariana and go back to where they came from. I just get bored watching them.

Wow Susan was GREAT!

Good points, spinner, and :welcome: to The Salem Spectator. Don't be a stranger!
Thanks, Kathy!

Sorry, but I never saw that heading.....I know nothing about camera phones, rarely even use a cell phone (because of where I live) matter of fact I even stopped the video and ran that part again and still did not see that heading, and would not have even looked for it had I known it was there. Did not mean a thing to me.

Also, I watch the show, then try to put each story all together in one section, rather than in small jerky 20 second scenes as Days does. So if I forget or miss what some feel are important...nothing I can do about it.
No apologies necessary. I just thought it was an important piece of information.

In related news, has anyone else noticed the increased use of cell phones on DAYS? It seems like every scene, someone is talking to someone else on the phone whereas a few years ago, no one would ever use a phone, they would just show up on their doorstep, lol. Last week, there was one show where the cell phone was the link between 3 or 4 scenes involving different people. I'm not sure if they did that on purpose or not but it was weird. Then Troy's cell phone being lost was part of the story, etc. Is it a sponsor thing? :idea:

Thanks Barb for all your hard work.

As for Maggie's scenes done very well...as written. I would have found it more believable if she had screamed or something. I just think if I found my husband dead on the floor I would have been howling like a wounded animal. Maybe that’s just me though; you never know how you would react till it happens to you.

I knew all along it was EJ. SAMI TELL RAFE….PLEASE!!!!! I think the reason EJ is prolonging Sydney’s return is because of the conversation between Sami and Rafe at the candle light vigil about raising Sydney as their own when she comes home...at least as much as they can with EJ involved. EJ will come out unscathed in all of this as usual.

There is a thread in the Daily Days forum, wherein a couple of our very own posters briefly related their reactions when something similar happened to them. They said Maggie's reaction was very realistic, very well done, and very similar to their own.

I truly am getting exasperated at Sami withholding this info from Rafe.

Thanks, Barb! What a show Friday!

As usual I won't see this until tomorrow morning, but your write up was wonderful as always!

I LOVE Maggie and I feel so badly for her.

I do NOT feel badly for Mia or that lousy Bas_ _ _ _ EJ. WHY he is in on this kidnapping I have NO idea unless he plans to hide Sydney on some deserted island Stefano owns never to be seen again until she's an adult which I hope does NOT happen. He has stooped to an all time low now (not that he wasn't lousy before). He might be good looking, but he is a creep and a creep is a creep is a creep. I hate Stefano and agree his time has come and gone as a villain there. He is old hat. EJ is rotten and makes a wonderful villain and we love to hate him but I am sick of all the DiMeras except Lexie who I like also.

I don't like Anna. I used to, but not now. She is only doing it for the $ which shows us how despicable she is too.

It might be that EJ plans on 'rescuing Sydney' and wants to be the hero in Sami's eyes and make Rafe look like less of a hero and less of a man to Sami which is garbage of course. I love Rafe and Sami together and I love Rafe.

What a bunch of crap this storyline is becoming.

Great recap...go to know which scenes to skip I know what scenes to skip for Monday :sick: Can't wait to see the great scenes between Hope and Maggie.

~Ana

we got snowed out today so i actually got to watch, and boy did my jaw drop when ej showed up at annas! I was hopin so much that he had nothing to do with the kidnapping. i don't really know what to think about the situation now. i do know that i do not like anna (the character) esp when it proved she was just in it for the money :(

although i never remember watchin mickey on the show, i still teared up a little watchin maggie. and i think hope was imagining a situation like that with her and bo, and she's realizing that maybe they could have worked on their problems without her ever leaving in the first place.

I hate that bo is probly gonna feel justified in his actions with carly. i cannot stand the carly character, don't wanna see them together at all, bo is just fallin way too fast... im not a huge bo and hope fan either, but it would be nice to see a supercouple last without cheating (note to TPTB: happily ever after does actually happen to for some couples, would be nice to see it on the show ;)

no comment on the teen scene at this time lol

sami, TELL RAFE....
mia, GROW UP....

I watch the show, then try to put each story all together in one section, rather than in small jerky 20 second scenes as Days does. So if I forget or miss what some feel are important...nothing I can do about it.

I love your summaries. You actually make the show easier to follow than the writers do.

Hope you're staying warm, honey, this winter has been brutal - and we're only a few weeks into it.

I've been griping about our weather here in New England and we don't have it half as bad as you guys. I'm turning into a real whimp as I get older. The cold and snow never used to bother me.

First, great write-up as usual, Barb!:)

After reading everyone's posts, I find it surprising that nobody mentioned this in regard to the 'big reveal' about EJ.
As most of you know, the 'E' stands for Elvis, and the entire nastiness of his latest plot to cause wreckage and create havoc on citizens of Salem was revealed on what would have been 'the King's ' 75th birthday! :)

Coincidence? Probably. I don't think these writers are clever enough to time this to come out on the 'real' Elvis' birthday. :D

EJ is not in the same league as Elvis!

I 'know' that, KathyLu, and heartily agree. :)
I just found it interesting that the 'reveal' of EJ's latest dastardly deeds just happened to be shown on this particular day .... the timing, that's all. I'm a trivia buff, what else can I say. :D

Back