Days may be preempted in your area today, Fri., 8/1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Samantha

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
They just broke into programming for yet another national press conference by the president.

I'd imagine he's going to jabber away for awhile, then the talking heads will just regurgitate what he says for a ridiculously long amount of time afterwards.

Dear Mr. President,

How would you feel if we broke into your sporting events with constant updates about Hurricane Sami ripping through Salem?? Bet you wouldn't like it.

One day, someone should force their way into the press room, tie you up and force you to watch hours upon hours of the Kardashians and the Real Housewives shows.

Now run along and go play with Joe Biden in the White House playground or something.

Sincerely, an annoyed viewer

I'm guessing everything he said can be summed up with a 60 second update on the nightly news tonight, though.

NBC just wrapped things up so they had things preempted from 2:45 to 3:35 (eastern time).

I had it on but wasn't paying much attention. I know immigration was addressed and I think Israel at one point. And it will all be analyzed on the news so I'm not real sure why they feel the need to break in to regularly scheduled programming unless it's major breaking news.

Exactly!! To me, the press can cover these things and then file their reports with their news agencies, newspapers and TV stations. No need to tie up daytime programming unless there is a true emergency or tragedy.

You don't see him breaking into sporting events on a regular basis. People would storm the White House with pitchforks and torches if he dared to break into football games or hockey or baseball or playoffs to jibber-jabber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back