Days moving to Peacock Sept 12 pt 2

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes........and while the talk is all of free Peacock, they don't mention needing a streaming "device" of some kind. Folks without newer smart TVs may not need one, but a lot of people are gonna be completely shut out from all this stuff.
Did the conglomerates run out of ways to get more money from those with regular antennas, super antennas, big screens, satellite TV, etc. so have turned to something else, making whatever came before obsolete???

Even if completely free, those who can't stream lose out. No matter what is done, non streamers will be left with no options except for reading the recaps (which I still do even if I see the show), but nothing can replace the actual show. Good, bad or ugly, we want to see it play out on a screen!

Did the conglomerates run out of ways to get more money from those with regular antennas, super antennas, big screens, satellite TV, etc. so have turned to something else, making whatever came before obsolete???
This is 100% how it has always worked. We've been having this problem with toilet paper in our office. It keeps getting bigger, bigger BIGGER ULTRA rolls. This is to confuse consumers about price per package; it also apparently causes people to use more. But now we can only buy our office TP at one store because none of the other rolls fit in our holders. We also see it with dish soap and household products.

Just making money isn't enough, they have to make MORE money than ever before. I'm sure NBC and its owners are the same.

This is off topic but Jason reminded me. Years ago, toilet paper sheets were larger than they are presently, and pkgs., always say how many sheets per roll. A friend was commenting on the bargain she got with some brand, & I mentioned that I always bought another because more sheets per roll, same price. She had never paid attention. Well, when the makers figured they would not be able to charge more per roll/pkg, they decided to reduce size of individual sheets instead. That is the present day size. And now you have to pay attention to 1-ply or two ply, as you really use more each time with 1 ply.

Makes me laugh that in the very old days, you might have characters commenting on something similar, but no longer. Can't offend prospective sponsors. Then, we have all noted many soap characters don't seem to work, yet have no monetary problems. I truly want to see characters paying, offering credit card, complaining they cannot use it as up to limit, late for work, doing overtime, BEING AT WORK,

On the subject of toilet paper, I often walk in the cemetery where the inventor of toilet paper rolls is buried. I'm going to have to find his grave a get a picture. Wonder what they looked like back then and if he's rolling in his grave over the teeny rolls they call regular size now. Those tiny 4 packs look like they belong in a dollhouse.
:rotfl:

Toast4.jpg

Reading about Ken's daddy does not bode well knowing what we know of kenny boy......

I'm going to guess that Doug and Julie will want to watch something on Peacock in the upcoming week and we will watch this fascinating bit of drama on the show several times... they can flash back to how they set up Peacock on their television.... wonder if they will discuss having to pay for it or not......

Agree with that. I remember when his parents were alive, and he cared nothing for the show, only his music. He did not help out his mom after Ted died, still was just into his music. When he had to take charge after her passing, he relied on others for advice, and often....well, followed some advice that was not in the best interests of Days.....

Back