Days moving to Peacock Sept 12

Agree with JS. This is about as surprising as most of Days' all too predictable story lines.

Regardless of what tier it's on, you'll now have to sign up and provide personal information (some of which you can make up) but most importantly your email address, which means lots of unwanted marketing emails. I guess a lot of people are used to sharing information these days and having strangers monitor their viewing habits. Too invasive for me.

But then, I haven't actually watched Days in decades. I've always found the summaries and commentary here so much more entertaining. So this would be a good time to say THANK YOU SO MUCH! to all the people who contribute their time, efforts and humor to this site.

You don’t have to get marketing emails. I have Peacock and don’t allow any email communication. If you have cable, they can track your viewing as much as they will streaming. You can also use anonymous browsers if that’s a concern.

That said, I’m surprised they didn’t have more lead time for this move. I’ve only ever turned paid Peacock on temporarily to watch the specials. I’ll have to decide whether there’s enough for me to pay every month. I already pay for Netflix. My TV service is through Hulu.

I wonder if they’ll keep having old episodes available for free with ads.

Last edited:
So it's renewed for 2 years we have a year left??? and it's moving to pay for it Streaming..... I don't like the show currently the stories take forever they don't make sense and it's free..... do I want to pay for the garbage I'm watching????
Will anything improve? Besides getting to say a couple of cuss words?? which really isn't an improvement..... disappointing

I’ll be curious to see if there’s a shift in the content. September isn’t that far, so those episodes are already in the can. When did they make this decision?

I like the Beyond Salem shows better than the regular show for the most part. They feel more like Days used to. I might pay for those stories (more humor, fun, and hijinks vs endless angst and misery) plus some of the other content. But paying to watch stuff like the past week… no, thanks. I especially won’t like that to skip commercials, I’ll have to pay extra vs fast forwarding on my DVR.

@TinaY with the same head writer, the stories will stay the same stupid amnesia about the Sarah mask, the same Chad yelling because his wife died, the same really long time to find out who killed Abigail.... or she returns alive looking slightly different faked her death yada yada..... nothing could change but we will be paying for the garbage directly and having to watch commercials.....

Producing for streaming is different than producing for commercial breaks. Hopefully, that’s been taken into account or will be.

I hate commercials, so I’ve only ever paid for commercial-free. We’ll see how it goes.

The article said there are Peacock deals with some providers that will make it free. I don’t see why that would be different for Days. If you get Peacock free with your provider, then it will be free.

One upside: no more pre-emptions for hearings or the Olympics.

Last edited:
Back